Is Purple color issue APP based? As Hike Messenger does not have this issue but whats app does???

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
First, please do apologise if my theory is a dumb one but I have got a new Lumia 930 for just 300$(Used) so was very happy and I know that (I have read many blogs) initially 930 had some color issue and can be resolved thru a workaround, it has heating issues , etc.

But Still I am very big WP fan HTC 8x--> Lumia 920-->Lumia 930

So I have just observed that Hike Messenger's(Indian app) footer is actually black where as whatsapp footer isn't...May be Hike Messenger has set the footer color to be black???

Just an observation...Don't know if its true/valid

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I have to ask what you are referring to as the "footer."

If you're really thinking that the color issue is app-centric, why don't you pull up screenshots (from the Store, perhaps) of what it's supposed to look like and compare what you're getting in real-life conditions with that?:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 88197View attachment 88198

Hmmm...may be the transparent ones are purple...
Yup, it's something to do with the apps. It took me a bit to recognize this because of how crappy my display is.

If a reinstall can't ditch this, try contacting the app devs to see if they can do something about this.

EDIT: Have you stopped to consider that this may be due to the effect of the background the perceived color of the "footer", though?

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It's gotta be app based as well I think it's the fact that the apps use grey as opposed to black. Go to your people hub, the footer/drawer/menu is pitch black like the background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon