Ativ S Neo Windows phone 8.1 update for Developers

SvT_AnToIn3

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
My phone is one of the many victims of the new developer update that came out yesterday. So I heard that people with the Ativ S were able to revert back to the WP8 software version. Is there a way to do this with the Ativ S Neo or we are still in the dark. Please help because basically the phone is useless in the boot loop.

Thanks,

Antoine

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T Ativ S Neo has this problem, your only choice at the moment is to either send it to Samsung for service so they can flash it or if you have AT&T go to their Device Support Centers.

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Flash it back to Windows Phone 8 this is what I did to get my phone working and to get the official update from sprint for windows phone 8.1. I can upload the files and a quick tutorial on how to flash back if you want

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Flash it back to Windows Phone 8 this is what I did to get my phone working and to get the official update from sprint for windows phone 8.1. I can upload the files and a quick tutorial on how to flash back if you want

The process to revert back to WP8 only applies to the GT-I8750 variant. Don't flash you're ATIV Neo using this. You'll permanently brick your device.

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
The process to revert back to WP8 only applies to the GT-I8750 variant. Don't flash you're ATIV Neo using this. You'll permanently brick your device.

I have the SPH-I800 (Sprints Samsung Ativ S Neo) and I successfully flashed back to Windows Phone 8 and I have successfully recovered my Sprint data and got the official Windows Phone 8.1 update on my phone now. So it does work for the Ativ S Neo not sure who told you that.. Or if it happened to you and your phone I am sorry to hear bro

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the SPH-I800 (Sprints Samsung Ativ S Neo) and I successfully flashed back to Windows Phone 8 and I have successfully recovered my Sprint data and got the official Windows Phone 8.1 update on my phone now. So it does work for the Ativ S Neo not sure who told you that.. Or if it happened to you and your phone I am sorry to hear bro

It did happen to me.. But I got the gt-i8750 variant.. So I'm in the clear. But I've heard other Neo variant users trying this, bricking their devices.. So a drop of caution ⚠ is required. If you stated that you own this model and successfully flashed using the method then cool. Cheers 🍻

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
It did happen to me.. But I got the gt-i8750 variant.. So I'm in the clear. But I've heard other Neo variant users trying this, bricking their devices.. So a drop of caution ⚠ is required. If you stated that you own this model and successfully flashed using the method then cool. Cheers ��

I did indeed successfully do it.. It was a bit nerve-racking but it was successful. My post for my updates are here if anyone wants to read it: http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s-neo/323035-8-1-samsung-ativ-s-neo.html

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Benito is spot on. I have done the flash process 3 times with the SPH-I800 which is Sprint's version of Ativ S Neo. The files are also on XDADevelopers website and is quite easy to do. Putting the phone in download mode before hooking it to the computer.

VIMEZ

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Any solution for the Samsung Ativ S Neo from AT&T?, my phone died for the same reason, :angry::angry::angry:

AlliGe

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I sent mine back to Samsung. It was still under mfg warranty so no charge. Send sent a UPS shipping label for me to send it to them. Took them only one day to fix it - it now has the official 8.1 update and correct Sprint firmware. It is now working perfectly. I will NOT be messing around with Windows 10 - will be patient & wait for the official update. Not even sure the WP10 preview can be put on the Neo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon