[L535] Contacts and content replaced with demo data?

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Showing demo presentation when phone in charge. And replace all my contacts with some demo contact. It shows Lumia retail Demo, MS Demo 1, 2 ,3,4 and getting calls from unknowns contacts(Demo contacts ..Verified it). getting update of demo frequently.

Is there any settings i need to change?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It seems you got a demo unit. They have different firmware. Read around and you will find ways to flash a firmware of a different retail product code

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems you got a demo unit. They have different firmware. Read around and you will find ways to flash a firmware of a different retail product code

How do you know the Guest is capable and skilled enough for that? Too much is assumed for this answer, IMHO.

I would go and change it for a good one.

^^^ This. Take it back to where you got it from. Demo units are not meant for resale. It should be exchanged for a consumer ready phone if you got it from a retailer. If you got it from a private individual it may be stolen and they have possibly ripped you off.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh my gosh I feel so sorry for your predicament. Yes go to the store as soon as you can to exchange it as if its a stolen phone it can be traced and you could be arrested and accused of stealing it. Also you should get the name of the person who served you (usually their name is printed on your receipt) and complain them for their incompetence. I know it was an easy mistake but attention to detail are fundamentals of the consumer service industry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon