Issues with Windows 10 on Lumia 730

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
i just updated my phone to this preview...
and lots of my apps are missing .. even my photo apps..
do i have to hard rest my phone ..
or something else..!!!??

Update:: After 3 hard rest and spending about 8 hours & 5 gb of 3g cellular net.. And I am back to 8.1

Last edited:

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I think its your luck .. That wp10tp will work good on ur phone. .
The first 2 tp work really great on my phone. Lots of other users have many problem.. But I didnt fund most of themm..

But in this preview and the preview before.. Didnt work well on my phone. I tried hard reset.. Re installing app.. And lots of other stuff.. But didn't work well.. But other users I think don't have the same problem which I faced..

So my point is.. ITS UR LUCK THAT THE TECHINICAL PREVIEW WILL WORK FINE ON UR PHONE..

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
i just updated my phone to this preview...
and lots of my apps are missing .. even my photo apps..
do i have to hard rest my phone ..
or something else..!!!??

Update:: After 3 hard rest and spending about 8 hours & 5 gb of 3g cellular net.. And I am back to 8.1

10136 is definitely not for 730. The only thing that forced me to go back to 8.1 was the navigation bar that was by no means retractable. I wonder why they always mess with On screen Nav bar in alternate builds!

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
10136 is definitely not for 730. The only thing that forced me to go back to 8.1 was the navigation bar that was by no means retractable. I wonder why they always mess with On screen Nav bar in alternate builds!

May be they are not taking these little things like navigation bar.. Scrolling smoothness.. Scaling etc seriously.. they will work on this things in the end...
Now They are just concentration on project sparton or say the new edge browser.. .. Store beta.. And other beta apps..

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
May be they are not taking these little things like navigation bar.. Scrolling smoothness.. Scaling etc seriously.. they will work on this things in the end...
Now They are just concentration on project sparton or say the new edge browser.. .. Store beta.. And other beta apps..

The fact is Nav Bar was retractable in previous builds (10080 or say 10052) and they messed with it in 10136.

imakhil_kp

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There is no internet explorer in my app list. Anyone having this issue in build 10036 #Lumia730 also phone and message app having weird names after sometime.

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There is no internet explorer in my app list. Anyone having this issue in build 10036 #Lumia730 also phone and message app having weird names after sometime.

I had the same issues.. My photo app was missing too.. Hard rest the phone.. And hope for best..
If that didn't work well.. Go back to 8.1.. ;)

Last edited:

imakhil_kp

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Back to 8.1 again installed preview 2 hard resets still IE was not there and now I am back to 8.1 hope next build will be good enough.

imakhil_kp

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issues.. My photo app was missing too.. Hard rest the phone.. And hope for best..
If that didn't work well.. Go back to 8.1.. ;)

Is it IE available for you just wanted to know and is all apps are working fine I installed some apps from store and they were showing updates in store beta I tried to install them after some time they were not available to use and I was not able to uninstall them either.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Is it IE available for you just wanted to know and is all apps are working fine I installed some apps from store and they were showing updates in store beta I tried to install them after some time they were not available to use and I was not able to uninstall them either.

IE is not available for this build you have to use Spartan.
The problems with apps is a "common" one which are faced by more people.

Trq20

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There are 3 things that i don't like in this build, First is the nav bar can't manually hide it (Actually does in some situation like ex. play video), and the linked calls tiles wont linked, always forced unlinked (except messaging worked), and cant call using SIM 2, . but still, i'm use 1306, i can compromised with that. so far so good for me, waiting the next build.

imakhil_kp

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Was using preview from very first day and all other builds were good enough to use for me but in this build the apps getting unusable after sometime i.e there's no way i can uninstall or use it..

So I am back on 8.1 and will wait for next build to be back using the technical preview ...

luvkv

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys.. One word for this build.. Amazing.😘
I had few problem.. Updating the apps from beta store.. Now all are update now.. Phone is smooth as 8.1.. All apps are working great.. No serious problem i found till now...

Just... Few phone getting heat up..
Its eating Battery like hell..
And some time locationicon shows up .. Even when it is close.. And the quick notification bar is too broad..

For new installer i recommend hard reset the phone after installing the new preview.. And then connect your phone to wife of 3g cellular data. Update all the apps..dont touch the phone when apps getting update.. Or you will face lots of crashes.. And hangings etc.. After all apps are update. Use ur phone as you want.. No problem i found till now..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon