Screen rotation quit working

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
On Denim, all of a sudden my screen rotation quit working several days ago. Rebooting the phone fixed it a few times but now its completely out. Yes rotation lock is off and toggling it doesn't make a difference.

Is there any way to calibrate or reset the sensors other than a factory reset. Everything else is fine.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I've done a couple of soft resets. It did fix the problem, however, it now takes my phone several seconds before the screen rotates.

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys for the feedback so far, wish mine was slow, seemed to be working fine then all of a sudden not. Guess I will factory reset tomorrow, was hoping there was an app or something to reset sensors but can't seem to find anything.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
On Denim, all of a sudden my screen rotation quit working several days ago. Rebooting the phone fixed it a few times but now its completely out. Yes rotation lock is off and toggling it doesn't make a difference.

Is there any way to calibrate or reset the sensors other than a factory reset. Everything else is fine.

In addition to restarting your phone, you can try performing a soft reset by pressing the volume down and the power button together until your phone restarts.

If that doesn't fix the issue, make sure that your accelerometer is still fully functional by using any free utility app, such as Diagnostics Toolset. I'm not sure if there is a way to re-calibrate the accelerometer in current version of Windows phones and WP OS/Firmware.

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
It works again after a clean install. I used the Windows Phone recovery tool for a fresh install then restored my backups. The process was relatively painless. Just need to dump my old pics and music back on the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)