On my Lumia 530, why don't I have data while roaming?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 530 - No Data While Roaming option has no effect: i need to switch all data off

After update to W8.1 Denim on my Nokia Lumia 530, I have the following issue: when I am abroad (I live in France but work in Switzerland), even though the roaming data option is disabled, it continues to be connected and uses data. The only way to correct this issue is to fully switch off data in SIM card settings (so also switched off when on domestic network).
Just after the update I had the reverse situation: I needed to have roaming option activated to get data when on connected on domestic network. I have reset the phone to origin settings and I have the situation I have described in first paragrpah.
Operator in FR is Free Mobile, connected to Swisscom when in CH.
Any idea or workaround?
Thanks and regards!

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 530 - No Data While Roaming option has no effect: i need to switch all data off

After update to W8.1 Denim on my Nokia Lumia 530, I have the following issue: when I am abroad (I live in France but work in Switzerland), even though the roaming data option is disabled, it continues to be connected and uses data. The only way to correct this issue is to fully switch off data in SIM card settings (so also switched off when on domestic network).
Just after the update I had the reverse situation: I needed to have roaming option activated to get data when on connected on domestic network. I have reset the phone to origin settings and I have the situation I have described in first paragrpah.
Operator in FR is Free Mobile, connected to Swisscom when in CH.
Any idea or workaround?
Thanks and regards!

Your situation is akward.Anyways,Disable roaming for both data and calling when not needed.When needed set both to romaing,restart the phone and try.

inoc68

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 530 - No Data While Roaming option has no effect: i need to switch all data off

Thanks for your reply. However I tested over the weekend as described. And when back in Switzerland with data activated and no roaming allowed, I still have the 3G/H/H+ indicator near the triangle for roaming and data is still available. I still need to switch all data off to have it off :(
Did anyone have the same problem?

inoc68

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

Hi, small update provided by MS yesterday but was for languages support, nothing changed regarding my issue. Anyone having such a problem? Anyone to know how to contact MS to submit this issue?

inoc68

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Harrie-S for sharing this information. It worked perfectly (no roaming for data switched data off without the need to switch all data off) before this update :(

inoc68

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I think the title has not been updated correctly: the problem is not I don't have data while roaming, but *I have data while roaming even though I have set 'No roaming' option*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk