My Lumia 830 just died.

panmoria

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
All of a sudden.

Screen froze after a call, screen went black - and the screen remains as black as black.

Any emergency button function as a last hope?

Phone's under warranty, still, I expected better quality than a phone that seems to go dead after a few months only.

shishu1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Just do a soft reset . Press the lock button and volume down rocker together for several seconds until the phone vibrates.

blackfire

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Try shishu1 suggestion. It may feel like you need to leave them pressed for a long time, but it is the correct sequence for a soft reset. Good luck.

panmoria

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
It's plugged for over 24 hours now, that phone seems fried, just like that. Wonder what excuses customer service will come up with when I'll see them tomorrow...

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Same happened with me...i've L1320
One day I just plugged earphones to my phone and phone became unresponsive...with that black screen
I made a soft reset but it didn't worked for me...but I again made a soft reset...and for that time it worked and my phone turned on...

panmoria

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, the phone's dead, went to Nokia Service, basically wasted the whole day for nothing. They promise to change some electronics. I'd expect to get a spanky brand new phone when the one still under warranty dies. But no. With the iPhone I enjoyed different Apple service when facing a problem. Looks like this could be my first and last Lumia ever. Would love the phone, but need reliability and customer service. Shame on you Nokia.

panmoria

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, by now I have to correct my words a bit. Nokia went the extra mile and returned the phone within a day. Knock knock knock on wood. Kudos, well done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon