Lumia 830 overheating in stand by??

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Today in class my 830 suddenly starts to get hot, and hotter, and hotter in my leg, y have to remove the battery quickly...
I have a month using this device and I haven't experienced any problems... A little warm when playing but that's all... I'm afraid that could happen again
Can sometime give me a little help please

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Could be multiple reasons (app stuck in background process, email sync issues, etc.). In most cases I've experienced this when my email is stuck in the sync process. Usually a soft reset or airplane mode toggle fixes it

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I just remove the battery like crazy, I thought the phone will burn itself... I hope that didn't happen again, if do happen, the next time I'll try with softreset or something...
My worry is that if that happens when I'm not holding the phone (like in the night) is it possible that the phone could end burned/broken?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I just remove the battery like crazy, I thought the phone will burn itself... I hope that didn't happen again, if do happen, the next time I'll try with softreset or something...
My worry is that if that happens when I'm not holding the phone (like in the night) is it possible that the phone could end burned/broken?
Just to be clear that a soft reset is highly recommended and will not do anything to your phone (like a hard reset). If you have overheating issues and your phone does this also after a soft reset you may want to look at recently installed apps and temporarily uninstall them to see if you can find the culprit.

The phone burning is rather rare and you'd be the first I know to report this for a L830. More likely is a very fast depleting battery (it could deplete faster than charging can keep up with).

If that still doesn't eliminate overheating I suggest a hard reset without recovering to a previous backup to make sure an odd setting etc is not causing this.

good luck

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I haven't experiend this anymore... actually is a very cool phone compared with my old iphone/ipad/ipod touch... but my boyfriend says it a very hot phone because he has never had a metal-body device >_<

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon