BLU Win HD LTE Bugs & Defects

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
A sequel to the previously announced BLU Win HD, the seemingly faster and slick-designed BLU Win HD LTE has just been announced. Have you recently bought one yourself? Have you felt that something was not right with it or wasn't working well? Some hiccups or snags? If "yes", then fire off below and let us know what you've found.

[TIP]Here are some useful information:

Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to check your phone up - head over to this Microsoft FAQ page for more info.

Make sure to check the official Windows Phone 8 How-to Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]

[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. This can be done by going to your phone Settings > about > tap on reset your phone. You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The Windows Phone Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]

Remember to describe the bugs and defects you find as detailed as you can: let us know your phone model and then what happened leading to the bug or how you found the defect. This way, our members would be able to help you quickly and accurately.

Cortimi

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
re: BLU Win HD LTE Bugs & Defects

Phone cannot run Spotify correctly. App will show "resuming...." indefinitely after a few minutes of use.

Phone has terrible wifi reception. One bar of signal from a router 10 feet away, with frequent and consistent dropouts.

Phone cannot run the app Castle Clash, crashes instantly.

Phone cannot run the app Clash of Lords 2, crashes instantly.

Phone screen frequently freezes while off, making entire phone unresponsive and requiring hard reset.

luokui

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

I just got this phone, and I'm pretty disappointed. I think I may have gotten a malfunctioning phone, but not sure. I've tried two different sim cards in it (from straight talk) and neither will connect to a network, although they work fine in any other unlocked phone I've tried. It will sometimes briefly register a bar or two and then disconnect. I could imagine if the APN settings are incorrect, then that might be a problem with internet or MMS, but voice should work I think.

Anyway, nothing I have tried has resolved the issue. Any thoughts on what might be happening? Otherwise, this is being returned, I need a phone. Anyone else have this problem? Where I'm at, I routinely have 4 bars, so I don't think it's an issue of poor reception.

Other than the connection issues, I can only say that the wifi signal seems pretty weak, but everything else is fast and fluid.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking you have a bad phone, loukui. Return it and get another one, then before you leave, try your SIM card in the new one and see what happens (if they have Wi-Fi, try that too).

luokui

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately I purchased through the online microsoft store. I'll return this one and see if I can find one at a nearby brick and mortar Microsoft store. Thanks!

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Take it to a Microsoft store and see if they can replace it (it's at least worth a shot, might be surprised).

Forrest Bouse

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

When trying to type fast on this phone I get a lot of lag between letters. I've never had this kind of problem with any other windows phone before. But if I use Swipe to type, everything is fine. Is anyone else having this same issue? I wonder if Blu will release an update to address this problem.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

When trying to type fast on this phone I get a lot of lag between letters. I've never had this kind of problem with any other windows phone before. But if I use Swipe to type, everything is fine. Is anyone else having this same issue? I wonder if Blu will release an update to address this problem.

Often times a Soft Reset will clear up some minor glitch or irritant on a phone.

Have you tried Soft Reset?

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm on phone number two - experiences as follows;

Phone 1;
This phone came with an issue with the up volume switch, it was installed protruding further out from the phone than it should have been, consequently when the case was on the phone the switch was continually depressed.
I returned this phone.

Phone 2;
No issues, wish the speaker was louder though.

Last edited:

cashkennedy

May 6, 2011
Visit site

I also have issues with it lagging while typing on the keyboard, wordflow works fine. Kinda hard to guess what is wrong here, but it seems to be software / firmware issue. The typing shows up because it raises/ highlights the letters as you type, but the letters don't get entered into where you're typing. I updated mine to the latest 8.1 update 2 build and it didn't fix the issue.

SogJeff

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I've had two of the HD LTE phones. Both have these problems:
  • Poor WiFi reception and performance (2.4 Gz, it doesn't do 5 Gz)
  • WiFi will stop working altogether. Restarting phone seems to be the only way to fix it
  • Keyboard is not responsive when typing quickly, however swipe typing is ok
  • Battery life is sub par

The first phone lasted two days, suddenly exhibited screen problems, and was replaced at a Microsoft Store (physical, even though I bought it via online Store). Kudos to Microsoft Store for painless handling of that.

Otherwise it is a great phone for the money. It's no Lumia (I sometimes revert to an old 920 when wireless or photo quality is required). There's no glimpse, no double tap to wake, nor is the screen readable in bright light.

Last edited:

Claude Dorion

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

Just bought that phone when it came out from Microsoft online store. Setting up the phone was easy. Installed a voice recorder to record notes on the phone. Knew this app since it was installed on my previous Blu Win HD and worked great. After recording a note on my new phone, the playback was awful with lot of background noise even the note was recorded in a quiet environment. To solve the issue partially, I removed the case supplied with the phone. But still, not perfect compared to my previous phone. Went to a Microsoft store and after showing the issue, a replacement phone was offered to me without question. Very good customer service from Microsoft. Unfortunately, after setting up the new phone and using cloud backup to restore to the new phone, the issue was still on the new phone. Again, Microsoft store offered me a third phone from different color but setup the phone without using restore function and setting it up as a new phone. When setup completed, I just installed the voice recorder app to find there was still an issue with the background noise. Also tried a different voice recorder app, but still the same issue. My conclusion is an hardware issue. May be a firmware update would resolve the issue. Anyone installed a voice recorder app and experienced the same issue?

Thanks,
Claude

Sportacus11

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Its been my observation that this phone feels very so like it was designed for win 10 and released early with an OS/Drivers that aren't quite right for it. I'm hoping the bugs get fixed with new drivers when win 10 is released, but that's probably just one cheap skate bits pipedream

Sportacus11

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I've just installed voice recorder pro+ and tested for you, the recorder sounds crystal clear for me on my phone

m0rgster

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

It's not a bug. what you're experiencing is that it wont accept multiple key-presses at once. for example if you tried to type "baby" and kept your thumb just a little bit too long on the "b", it wouldn't accept the "a" input and you would just have "bby." If you're coming from an android phone its a hard habit to break because they did accept multiple inputs, I'm assuming because they did testing that showed most people weren't that precise about their texting.

ADCoy

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site

I've just purchased this phone. Has anybody else noticed either of the following 2 possibly related issues.
- Screen scrolling stutter. Any vertical scrolling produces a slight stutter on the screen throughout the OS. Maybe a touch issue??
- Eye tiredness - My eyes become very tired quite quickly with any usage over 7/8 minutes or so, even leading to headache. Could be a screen refresh problem, or related to the above stuttering but it quickly becomes unusable for me. It's possible it's just me eyes but i haven't noticed this problem with any other phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Make a backup and try reseting the phone, either through Settings > about > reset or the Button push method.

It may improve things. If the screen still shows that flicker seek warranty repair or replace.

FWIW, I don't see any flicker or scrolling stutter on mine. From reading posts around the site though, I think some people are sensitive to a lower refresh rate. I could not say off hand what the refresh rate on the HD LTE is, but I bet it isn't 60Hz.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I see occasional stutter on mine. I like mine, but there are some glitches vs. my wife's 640. Nothing that is a show stopper, but tonight, hitting the windows key has frozen up the animation back to home twice...its stuck halfway through it. Going to reboot to clear it up...never had my 8XT do that ever. My wife's 640 is snappier as well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Going to reboot to clear it up...

Soft Reset often clears up glitchyness.

Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds). It clears out system memory in addition to the reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo