Why do I have a Sad Smiley on a hard reset for my Windows 10 mobile (Lumia 520)?

reuven Hershkovitz

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Sad Smiley on hard reset for windows 10 mobile (lumia 520)

Hello everyone
This morning I updated my (nokia) lumia 520 for windows 10 for mobile preview and After Long installation, the installation is over but the screen was half as resolution was no correct so i did a hard reset and it's Failed and is a Sad Smiley And then all the time is doing a restart and return to the same situation.
What can I do??
Thank you

Last edited:

Rainmarie

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sad Smiley on hard reset for windows 10 mobile (lumia 520)

Martsicky is right. I had the sad face and thought I bricked but kept using the recovery tool on my 1520 and now use the preview just fine.

reuven Hershkovitz

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

I'm trying But the phone doesn't work, so Lumia software recovery tool doesn't works on it :(
I was able to get the screen of lighting bolt + gear so I clicked Volume Down, Power and Camera buttons together and then was the big nokia icon so I clicked Volume Down, Power and it's back to the loop of failed hard reset and is a Sad Smiley.
Now I'm stuck on the large nokia iconIs there anything I can do from here??

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Try a different USB port? I recovered my phone by using Product Support Tool and a full ROM dead flash

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying But the phone doesn't work, so Lumia software recovery tool doesn't works on it :(
I was able to get the screen of lighting bolt + gear so I clicked Volume Down, Power and Camera buttons together and then was the big nokia icon so I clicked Volume Down, Power and it's back to the loop of failed hard reset and is a Sad Smiley.
Now I'm stuck on the large nokia iconIs there anything I can do from here??

http://m.windowscentral.com/roll-back-windows-phone-81-windows-10-preview
Download WPRT and follow the steps decribed in this article.

reuven Hershkovitz

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Lumia Software Recovery Tool Was able to detect my phone when I was in the screen of the nokia big logo but then the Lumia Software Recovery Tool Failed to install I'm trying again in the Windows Phone Recovery Tool too.
where can i get the Product Support Too?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar