Question on Battery Life

CronoZero

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

Recently got a 640 but have been wondering why my battery life isn't that great...like 7% drain per hour on idle.

I hooked it up to my computer when I first got it and considered using Windows Phone Recovery Tool to flash the firmware and/or hard reset it, but the Recovery Tool said I had the most up to date version. I don't want to go through the hassle of restoring apps and stuff if a hard reset or firmware flash won't fix it, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I can reply back later with a list of apps I have installed, but I've gone through and tried to disable a lot of background apps as much as possible and there hasn't been improvement.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hard resetting/reflashing CAN fix some issues, but I wouldn't call it the silver bullet. Will it work? Beats me.

but if you got it today or something I'd give it a day or two.

I assume you've already done the other typical battery saving tips.

CronoZero

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I got it on Saturday, and the idle drain has been pretty consistent.

I disabled NFC, quite a few apps I don't need running in the background, but I'm not sure what other techniques there are, tbh. With my 1520, I could turn off Hey Cortana and change the screen sensitivity, but obviously not with this 640. Also, I have Glance on peek and double tap to wake on and I kinda don't want to get rid of either =/

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Double tap to wake can eat battery. Glance is best on AMOLED screens, but it shouldn't cause high drain. Location, leaving Wi-fi on, bluetooth on, and using 4g/lte or even a poor signal can cause drain. I'd give the phone a few days to settle in, too.

Allen Brandt

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Chrono: I also updated on Saturday and my battery drain at idle was the same as yours: nearly 7%/hour. Then last night, the drain went down by nearly half, and was around 3.5%/hour (I'm getting the stats from Batter Pro +)

I left the phone home today, so I will see if anything changes being untouched all day, but at least it gave me some hope that it does settle down.

CronoZero

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the comments so far! I'll wait for now to let the phone sorta...figure itself out and see how things change. I'll pop back in with an update though. You're not rid of me yet =D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2