Lumia 640 XL faster than Lumia 640

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I own both of them and I use the 640 primarily and Idk if it is me or not, but it does seem like the 640 XL is faster in most things(browsing, launching apps, etc etc). But they have the same processor and what not, if I am not mistaken.

Anyone have any experience with both phones?

Alierna

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
It's not about which one is faster.. They are both ridiculously slow. It's About which one is slower. I don't know about 640...but my xl sucks as hell. I'm really angry why I bought this phone after my bad experience with 630

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
It's not about which one is faster.. They are both ridiculously slow. It's About which one is slower. I don't know about 640...but my xl sucks as hell. I'm really angry why I bought this phone after my bad experience with 630
If only these phones would have latest Snapdragon 410 quad core 1.4 ghz processor as in Moto G 2015 , they would be albeit faster and every Lumia 640 and it's variants would have LTE, no more high price for LTE models. Microsoft has been slower in adopting new processors and high clocked processors.

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing today. I just took back my 640 when I picked up the 640XL at at&t and really do feel like its faster. Not significantly, but enough to notice.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't find it to be slow except when using rich capture and going into the photo album.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing today. I just took back my 640 when I picked up the 640XL at at&t and really do feel like its faster. Not significantly, but enough to notice.
I probably will be doing the same exact thing myself. Partially because tmobile isn't working out for me. And secondly due to I miss the size and the 640 got whatever reason feels slower.

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I was coming off a Lumia 1520 when I got the 640 XL. I disagree with your assessment. Yes there is the occasional time I notice that something takes a little bit longer to render/respond, but it's manageable. And thanks in part to it being somewhat lower resolution/less powerful, the 640 XL's battery life is twice as good as my 1520 ever was. It's also substantially lighter weight than the 1520.

So, sure, the 1520 is more powerful and responds slightly more snappily. There's the occasional time the delay is particularly noticeable, in fact. But only occasionally for me. Yet I appreciate the lighter weight and the better battery life all day long.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was coming off a Lumia 1520 when I got the 640 XL. I disagree with your assessment. Yes there is the occasional time I notice that something takes a little bit longer to render/respond, but it's manageable. And thanks in part to it being somewhat lower resolution/less powerful, the 640 XL's battery life is twice as good as my 1520 ever was. It's also substantially lighter weight than the 1520.

So, sure, the 1520 is more powerful and responds slightly more snappily. There's the occasional time the delay is particularly noticeable, in fact. But only occasionally for me. Yet I appreciate the lighter weight and the better battery life all day long.

Agreed 100%. I loved the 1520 but if the new Lumia are similar to the xl, I can dig that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon