950 Photos App / camera questions - "blinking" pictures and Living Images

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Anyone seen this with L950 or Win10 photos app? When reviewing photos from my camera roll, my pictures will pop up full screen as expected, than go blank for a second, before reappearing. Annoying as hell. So as you are swiping through your photos, each picture appears, goes blank, reappears - before you can swipe to the next pict. I am saving pictures to the microSD card instead of the phones built in memory, maybe that's the issue. Wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Also I can't seem to figure out the Living Images feature of the phone's camera. I have the camera set to shoot Living Images (which creates a short animated GIF-like photos), but only some of the photos turn out that way, like maybe 25%. Anyone know why it's like this? Also, I'll admit I've not really put any effort to it, but can these living images be edited so you can choose a single frame out of the photo? Poking around the phones built in photo editor app, I didn't see anything that seemed to allow this.

Just got back from a trip and generally loved the photos coming out of this phone. Coming from a 1020, this camera is WAY better in just about every way.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
So, I have some really weird issues with the camera and the SD card. The upcoming firmware is supposed to fix a lot of the SD card issues. I have problems with the camera crashing and rebooting the phone, taking a picture and it doesn't save, videos being choppy, etc. I have a very fast and highly rated SD card from Sandisk so I doubt its the card, especially considering all the issues that everybody else is having with SD storage.

In terms of the living images...I have the same problem. About 1 of 3 actually show as a living image. I *think* it has to do with how long you hold the shutter in the focus position before actually taking the picture, although I haven't been able to prove that yet. That's just my working theory.

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I have problems with the camera crashing and rebooting the phone, taking a picture and it doesn't save, videos being choppy, etc.
In terms of the living images...I have the same problem. About 1 of 3 actually show as a living image. I *think* it has to do with how long you hold the shutter in the focus position before actually taking the picture, although I haven't been able to prove that yet. That's just my working theory.

I can concur that there were a few times where the camera seemed to lock up the phone forcing a battery pull...as well as to "seemingly" take a photo that isn't saved. I hope they iron out these bugs out of what is an otherwise excellent camera phone.

My GF has both an iPhone 6, and a Galaxy 6 (which she just choose over the L950 because of it's "bugginess"). We just came back from a trip and when comparing images saved onto a PC, we both agree that the pictures coming from the 950 look much better than the other two leading phones. In low light conditions, the 950 looked a lot nicer.

I'd be really interested to see if anyone can shed light on how the Living Images work (or not work).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3