What happened to "pin to start" in Windows 10 Mobile?

smtwtfs

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
In 8.1 when I would pin a web page to start, a picture of the website would show up. Now with Windows 10 Mobile on my 950 XL, all that shows up is a blue square. Is there something that I need to do with the settings?

alpha0ero

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
In 8.1 when I would pin a web page to start, a picture of the website would show up. Now with Windows 10 Mobile on my 950 XL, all that shows up is a blue square. Is there something that I need to do with the settings?
I noticed that too...it's like what's the point?

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
In 8.1 when I would pin a web page to start, a picture of the website would show up. Now with Windows 10 Mobile on my 950 XL, all that shows up is a blue square.
You can add shortcut tiles with Hot Tiles!, I got it for free once. There are probably similar apps available.
It's nowhere as convenient as the function in IE/ME as you have to manually enter URL, title (optional) and picture (optional), but given that it's something you use rarely it's definitely better than nothing. I used the app mostly to get transparent app tiles in 8.1.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Fp%2Fhot-tiles%2F9wzdncrfhvqz&token=GzRyABP5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon