Background apps missing

Burnbackin

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
My 950xl has a terrible battery life. So I went to settings and wanted to disable some apps that may drain the battery in the background. To my surprise, not all are listed (e.g. Beaconit, Freda), and some are double or tripled listed (e.g. Metro tube) and there is no logical sorting order of the apps listed. Is it only on my device or are you experiencing the same? Thanks for the feedback and help.

Last edited:

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
My 950xl has a terrible battery life. So I went to settings and wanted to disable some apps that may drain the battery in the background. To my surprise, not all are listed (e.g. Beaconit, Freda), and some are double or tripled listed (e.g. Metro tube) and there is no logical sorting order of the apps listed. Is it only on my device or are you experiencing the same? Thanks for the feedback and help.
my 950xl doesn't have battery drain problem and each app appears once in the list. i performed an experiment. i left the phone idle for 24 hours and saw which apps consumed most in background. the result is as shown:

wp_ss_20160229_0005.jpg

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think the ones that are multi-listed are registering new background processes on updates and the old ones are not being properly cleaned up. I've put a report in on Windows Feedback about it.
Are the ones not in your list actually using background tasks on the phone and using battery (what does the battery use meter say)?

Jim Chapman

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The OP mentioned Freda - I can confirm that Freda does not register any background tasks, and does not run in the background. If you're seeing signs of Freda draining the battery when not running as a foreground task, it must be an OS bug. I wish I could say that was unlikely :-(

Freda is quite battery-hungry when running as the foreground app. You can make it less so by turning off internet sync (assuming that you don't need internet sync).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes