I'm having problems getting "Sounds" to work

OrangeBerry02

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure I'll have missed something.

No problems with my phone ringtone ... have that just as I want it and it rings fine. Nor with various regular alarms ... they are all set up and make the right noise at the right time. Nor with key press and camera shutter ... they seem to make the right noises.

Problem is with Messaging, Calendar and Mail. Messaging and Calendar make sounds I don't want and as for Mail I have not heard an email come in yet ... so no sound.

Went to All settings > System > Notifications & actions and scrolled to Show notifications from these apps. Ensured Messaging, Outlook Calendar and Outlook Mail are all On. Went into each and ensured Notifications, Show notification banners and Vibrate if my sound settings support it are all On. The notifications sounds I have selected are Windows Message, Windows Reminder and Windows Email respectively.

Checked both Volume bars are up full.

What have I forgotten to do?! Any help and advice gratefully received!

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, I thought I didn't have this problem but I realise that emails don't make a sound or appear as a popup notification (or in the notification area) despite it being switched on.

Looks like a bug to me. 😐

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon