how do i stop texts from reading aloud through speaker

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Help! I changed some setting and now all my texts are reading over the speaker. I don't remember where it was located to change it back, but it had something to do with messages being red aloud over Bluetooth, audio jack, both or none. I changed it to both and now I have this most annoying problem. Does anyone know where this setting is??? I have looked EVERYWHERE! Thanks in advance for any help to this extremely annoying problem.

Last edited:

PMantle

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I get the voice asking me to read it or ignore, but then nothing happens when I yell at her. It used to work. I've tried everything I can think of.

PMantle

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Should also be in Cortana's settings for reading messages over speakers/bluetooth. That's what mine always did, too

I've fooled with that multiple times and yet it still does not work. Maddening since it used to. It's not that I really want them read-it's that I don't want to have to restart my music.

suburbanl3g3nd

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've fooled with that multiple times and yet it still does not work. Maddening since it used to. It's not that I really want them read-it's that I don't want to have to restart my music.

Have you tried... turning Cortana off and then back on? I can't think of anything else; but, maybe disabling her and then re-enabling her?

suburbanl3g3nd

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Do you have driving mode on? I just got my jeep back and was using driving mode and it forced to ask me if I wanted texts read to me even though it was disabled in Cortana. Once I turned off driving mode, it never did that again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes