Bluetooth with Ford

Gordorfc

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have a Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport with all the usual Bluetooth features and toys. When I got my Lumia 950XL I was delighted it bonded and worked straight off the bat....great .....or it was, up until this weekend when it De-bonded and I had to re-bond it. It bonded fine....but NONE of the features are available, and by features I mean the BASICS....like being able to check incoming list, out going list, missed calls and the Address Book has completely disappeared. All I get is this feature is unsupported...on everything....all I can do is receive calls and they only show the numbers

What I have now is as much use as a 'chocolate fireguard' ....anyone know what the heck is going on here? I am not to worried about fancy features but I would like to be able to make a damned call from my address book or even from my list of in and out.

Can anyone shed any light on this please because it has rendered the phone less than useless in my car.:sweaty:

Cheers

Gordon

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest deleting the phone from the car's system and then re-pair it. That should ask you to allow it to access your address book again, which should bring everything else back.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm renting a Ford Edge this week, fairly new car, and when paired, I don't get any Maps navi voice prompts through the car. Usually a kind of phone call comes interrupting the car and providing the prompt.

Phone calls and skype calls seem to interrupt fine though. I resorted to using bluetooth audio streaming from my phone the whole time just so I could have navi on my 2 hr drive. On the way back, maybe I'll bluetooth stream with FM Radio player instead.

I had tried to delete the pairing and even trying to see if there were any updates for the Sync software onboard but no change. It's annoying that the experience is not consistent from car to car.

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
i have a ford fiesta and all i get is phone numbers when i search missed calls, outgoing etc.. makes me wonder why the names dont come up. I've already unpaired then repaired the phone. its not the bluetooth in my car as it worked fine with my previous HTC M9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs