Windows 10 on my Lumia 640 turned my wife in to a 280 lb. man

gturner567

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
So I installed Windows 10 on my Lumia 640 last week and it's amazing the number of problems I'm having. Among them is all my contacts are completely off...my wife, for example, has the contact picture from a friend of mine who's a big, scary looking guy. But more seriously, none of the contacts look right, and I'm not able to text many folks. I click their name to text and it just goes back to the start screen or locks up for a minute then goes back to the start. For folks I AM able to text with, it won't allow more than one in the thread. This is awful. Anyone have similar? Any fixes? I've never done a hard reset, but will that help? Thanks for reading.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, I haven't had these issues. How did you update originally? Through Insider? If you did, what ring did you choose? Additionally, did you restore from a backup?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hiya G,

I had issues with my contacts recently as well. First thing I did, was a password reset. I was hoping that would force the issue, because the phone would ultimately ask me to insert the new password. The phone did require the new password, but the problem was still there.

Secondly I went kamikaze. Changed the password again, but also did a hard reset on the phone. Set the phone up from scratch with the account + new password and voila. The combination of both seemed to have done the trick on my end.

I did restore from a backup, because I was in a rebellious mood, but conventional wp wisdom says that is mostly a no-go when trying to avoid issues. Worked out for me, but your mileage may vary.

So yea a hard reset and password change could help.

Keep us updated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon