High Speed bus (specs)

N Yv

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm not new here but I can't find my previous account... but anyway. I have a Lumia 650 and I'm about to order a new micro SD card so I was wondering if the UHS standard was still not supported for the new Lumia 650 just like the 640.

This is what I found after doing a quick research:

UHS (Ultra High Speed bus) standard is not supported so you will not get 30 or 48 MB/s because the max speed of the HIgh Speed bus in your phone is 25 MB/s.
- forums Ambassador Harrie-S

SD cards are so much cheaper than 2 years ago, the prices dropped a lot, so is it even worth it getting a card like the Samsung EVO Plus with a write speed of 90 MB/s and read speed of 95 MB/s for the L650?

I tried to look up some reviews but couldn't find anything relevant.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm not new here but I can't find my previous account... but anyway. I have a Lumia 650 and I'm about to order a new micro SD card so I was wondering if the UHS standard was still not supported for the new Lumia 650 just like the 640.

SD cards are so much cheaper than 2 years ago, the prices dropped a lot, so is it even worth it getting a card like the Samsung EVO Plus with a write speed of 90 MB/s and read speed of 95 MB/s for the L650?

the card would be useful if you are thinking of upgrading your phone in the future. But for your phone, it would be too much - like inserting a 4G SIM card in a feature phone that can only do 2G

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The spec sheet for Snapdragon 212 does state UHS-I support.

I recently got my hands on a similar device, the Moly W5 (built for W10M, with a SD 210 - the only difference between 210 and 212 being clock speed). I inserted a 32GB Samsung SDHC UHS-I card and used the SD Card R/W Test App.

It wrote a 32MB file with a write speed of 10.45 MB/s and read it at 43.65 MB/s. I believe UHS-I speeds are the limit.

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 650 and I've got a UHS-1 card. Works really well man !!! Worth it.

Originally posted by N Yv

UHS (Ultra High Speed bus) standard is not supported so you will not get 30 or 48 MB/s because the max speed of the HIgh Speed bus in your phone is 25 MB/s.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes