Disable dual sim icon?

Legendary Hero

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my elite x3. With AU and v2 firmware it is now brilliant all round. Don't know why people would hold off for a surface phone - its here now. Anyway, only thing that bugs me is the empty sim 2 icon is always visible at top, and the phone/message tiles have a 1 next to them constantly which is confusing. Is there a way to disable sim 2 or hide it somehow? Maybe an empty sd card inserted would force it into single sim mode? Anyone got any solutions?

cincykid76

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
If you go into settings on the message and call app respectively, there is an option to link the tiles. This will get rid of the numbers on the tiles. As far as the top, no go on that

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's been a request from dual sim owners but nothing has changed

I believe the expectation is that if you buy a dual sim phone, you are planning to use both sims and not just one of them. If you are never going to use the second sim slot, then why get the dual sim phone? :cool:

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I believe the expectation is that if you buy a dual sim phone, you are planning to use both sims and not just one of them. If you are never going to use the second sim slot, then why get the dual sim phone?

Personally, I want the phone because of the Snapdragon 820, 4GB of RAM and 6" screen with WIndows OS. No other phone matches it. I couldn't give a crap about having Dual SIMs and will likely never use the feature. It would be nice to see an option to remove the empty SIM icon, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm still getting one as soon as I can.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd still love to have an option to auto-hide the entire status bar, like in WP8.0. My cellular and wi-fi connection is not important enough to be on the screen all the time, just show it when relevant.
Hopefully they at least add an option to hide the second SIM icon, especially if you have it specifically turned off.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I believe the expectation is that if you buy a dual sim phone, you are planning to use both sims and not just one of them. If you are never going to use the second sim slot, then why get the dual sim phone? :cool:

When you like a phone that much, sometimes your only option is a dual sim device. An example is the 950s in the US. Unless you are willing to get one from Hong Kong, or somewhere outside of the US, dual sim is all that is available. The only single sim available is locked to AT&T, which you can unlock...but then you wait for firmware updates.

Same goes for the 650 unless you get the Cricket variant. Sometimes you have no choice if you really want a phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm aware of the double icon, so I just don't let it bother me when I use Dual SIM WP or W10M. Mind over matter. I've had 3 dual SIM phones on this platform. Unpin Phone 2 and Messaging 2 from Start and after awhile the second SIM icon in status bar just sort of mentally disappears for you.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd still love to have an option to auto-hide the entire status bar, like in WP8.0. My cellular and wi-fi connection is not important enough to be on the screen all the time, just show it when relevant.
Hopefully they at least add an option to hide the second SIM icon, especially if you have it specifically turned off.

it disappears in some apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2