Proximity sensor or ambient light sensor lumia 950

Pavzanias

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Best to describe my problem is this Microsoft support thread:
Lumia 950xl proximity sensor - is that normal? - Microsoft Community
rte
Yes the phone is updated, did clean install, no funny applications, reset then hard reset. I am not using any screen protector, no tempered glass etc. phone is from the box.

I send it to servis, they said it its a software bug, its not hardware issue, same answer from Microsoft support....the problem remains and it suppose to start with .218 build.

The only solution so far is to turn off automatic brightness settings. Not a fan of this solution:angry:

Question is it possible to reverse phone to an older build? If not, should i try fast insider builds....what to chose??

Thanks for any helpful info.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes, with help of WDRT (Windows Device Recovery Tool) you can revert to 10586.X version, and get the newest Firmware in the process.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
There is no red or blue small light on my l950, as can be seen on this (not very good :) picture
L950_1.jpg

Btw, I don't use Iris Scanner (Windows Hello).

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes, always.

In complete darness I can see absolutelly nothing with neked eyes (maybe it's my eyes :)

The camera sees it as a red dot, but picture processing makes it look as a white dot.
1.jpg

When I lower the darkness in post processing it becomes a red dot as seen on camera viewer
2.jpg

So yes, the red dot exists, only I cannot see it with necked eyes, nor the camera sees it in partly lit environment, sees it only in complete darkness. Probably my sensor emits much lower/weaker light than yours.

Just to add another observation, since I use Auto Brightness I set it, with settings slider, to maximum.

Last edited:

Pavzanias

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
You helped me, thank you. So the light sensor is active all the time, in my case looks like a poor quality, however it does work what it suppose and as I can observe, my battery life is not affected so I decided to live with this beauty mistake.
Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon