Cannot select Time Zone

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So my L950 XL arrived today and immediately I noticed a bizarre issue. I cannot set timezones...

It arrived with build 1524.527 and later was updated to 1524.530 even after the update the issue persists.

.527.JPG.530.JPG

wp_ss_20180926_0001.jpg

This is the first time I've encountered this issue and although it's something fairly minor, it is something very annoying as it's set to the Pacific Timezone (feels like it's hard coded) and every time I change the time and connect to the internet it reverts to the Pacific Timezone. I can set the date and time but not the timezone during the OOBE - So hard reset is a no go.
wp_ss_20180926_0003.jpgwp_ss_20180926_0004[2].jpg

I'm fairly disappointed, that after all this time I get my hands on a L950 XL and already I may have to start hacking the damn o/s to do bug fixing.

Damn it Microsoft.

Since I got the L950 XL off ebay for £124 (£119 + £5 for delivery), I did not get the original factory cable with it - just a small USB-C Cable. As I have not had the best luck with normal usb cables and flashing roms on Windows phones, I am hesitant in using the Windows Device Recovery tool - Plus it may not solve my issue at all.

I'm going to wait until my new TPU Gel case gets here on the weekend so I can spend time on it and plus I need to get used to the larger screen size therefore the potential of me dropping the phone is far too high for my liking.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
wow that def is weird... try doing a factory restore with the hardware buttons... see if that helps. if that fails, then do the restore using the MSFT WDRT

1) Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration. This usually takes 10-15 seconds.

2) Just as you feel the vibration, release both buttons, but then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3) When the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order:

Volume up

Volume down

Power

Volume down

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Be4 resetting the phone, go to settings, the set ur region to anything different then US. Then click set time and zone automatically. Then do the reset, with just vol down and power, until it vibrates. Then revert to any setings u need. Keep us posted.
If this fails, hard reset is always an option, but I would do that just as a last measure.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
wow that def is weird... try doing a factory restore with the hardware buttons... see if that helps. if that fails, then do the restore using the MSFT WDRT

1) Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration. This usually takes 10-15 seconds.

2) Just as you feel the vibration, release both buttons, but then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3) When the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order:

Volume up

Volume down

Power

Volume down

Thanks, I'm aware of the hardware combo for hard reset. Will be trying that tomorrow, as have not had much time to tweak / play around with the phone.

I did notice that a field test app gets installed after the Out of box experience, however you cannot pin it to start screen until you update Store app to the rebranded Microsoft Store.

I'll post a seperate thread about this when I have had time to delve into the app, I noticed only select LTE bands are selected by default.

Be4 resetting the phone, go to settings, the set ur region to anything different then US. Then click set time and zone automatically. Then do the reset, with just vol down and power, until it vibrates. Then revert to any setings u need. Keep us posted.
If this fails, hard reset is always an option, but I would do that just as a last measure.

I've already done hard resets via the about settings, the region is already set to United Kingdom and was set to the United Kingdom during every OOBE set up. I however have not tried the hardware combo for hard reset, will be trying that tomorrow when my TPU Gel case comes in along with my screen protector as I plan to keep the L950 XL for a long while.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, the hard reset combo didn't work as still cannot set Timezones. I'll try WDRT when I get hold of a factory reset cable. Since I have put my sim in the phone from L930 the time zone has not reverted back to pacific time (yet) so hopefully it automagically doesn't change later... lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes