04-10-2014 04:24 PM
73 123
tools
    So much false, haha. It's 4 AM, and I just finished playing Titanfall. I stopped using in-game audio MONTHS (if not more than a year) ago because my line from the TV to the headset was messed up. That's when I started plugging my headset into my PC for power. I never cared for in-game audio through the headset though, so no worries. I'll grab a decent PC-compatible headset near the end of the year, I figure.
    So, you're saying that you think Titanfall is pretty fun then huh ;)
    04-07-2014 11:10 AM
    Here is what I'm telling my friends. Wait.

I got one as a bday gift from the SO. I really wasn't ready for it as I have a pile of 360 games that need to be played. This system is just not ready, and I feel like it is one big beta test. HOW in the world could you launch a system like this with just 13 games? And why aren't developers falling over themselves to bring out games? It has been 6 months and less than 20 games?

It WILL get better, but for now all the early adopters are just beta testers. And the sad thing is, 6 months in shouldn't be called early adoption.
    04-07-2014 12:35 PM
    You do realize that no system releases with a ton of games. I remember when the Nintendo 64 came out. it had 2 games. TWO - Pilotwings 64 and Super Mario 64. That was it for quite awhile.

The Super Nintendo released with just 5 games.

I think developers aren't falling over themselves quite yet to release games because 1) its expensive. really expensive to develop games now. 2) even with the combined success of the XBOX One and PS4 sales - its still only 10 million users world wide - compared to the almost 130 million+ of combined users for the XBOX 360 and PS3.

Personally - I've been incredibly happy with the XBOX One since I got it in November. I think its awesome.

Here is what I'm telling my friends. Wait.

I got one as a bday gift from the SO. I really wasn't ready for it as I have a pile of 360 games that need to be played. This system is just not ready, and I feel like it is one big beta test. HOW in the world could you launch a system like this with just 13 games? And why aren't developers falling over themselves to bring out games? It has been 6 months and less than 20 games?

It WILL get better, but for now all the early adopters are just beta testers. And the sad thing is, 6 months in shouldn't be called early adoption.
    04-07-2014 12:45 PM
    ncxcstud largely said what I feel. The "games at launch" is best it has ever been for just about any console. Sure, that doesn't change that it's still not that much games. But you really do have to remember how HUGE last gen was. Like ncxcstud mentioned that the install base of 360 and PS3 is so big that it's more profitable focusing on that for now, not to mention how game industry is having hard time making profit as it is. I recall Square Enix saying when Tomb Raider finally sold 6 million combined on all platforms that at least they didn't lose money on it. Now to sell 6 million on either PS4 or Xbox One alone would be impossible cos neither has sold 6 million and the combined isn't likely even at 10 mil yet, so you probably catch the reasoning.

Buying almost anything at launch these days means you are going to be a beta tester (except Titanfall :P). I don't think it's any newfound lazyness of developers, it's just that every device and software just does so much more than they did in the past and especially games take more money and more time to develop too. Sure, my GameCube didn't make me feel like a beta tester, but with the few games it came out with + the fact that outside gaming it only had a calendar that showed date, there's not much that could've been not-ready at launch :P

I've had my One since January 2014 and I've been really happy with it too. If I had a timemachine, I'd just go back in time and buy it earlier than January lol :P
    04-07-2014 12:55 PM
    So, you're saying that you think Titanfall is pretty fun then huh ;)
    IDK, there are good things and bad things. My biggest complaint is the art style, because on those big, destroyed maps, people REALLY blend in. It's hard to see folks from a distance, and as someone who played Black Ops II with a SCAR-H from a distance, it's frustrating.

However, I love the feel of the Titans. You don't feel like a cumbersome monster at all. The only thing that's a bit annoying there is I've been told someone was on me several times, only to hop out and have no one there. Then that electric smoke, it's garbage. I tried to hop on a few Titans, only to have the electric smoke get me. That's likely a go-to perk for people, if it's 100% effective at stopping a rodeo.
    04-07-2014 01:03 PM
    Yeah, I was concerned about not having games, but I realized it was really silly in the end. I never play more than maybe 2 games at a time. I'll have Titanfall for the FPS days, then I have Forza as an alternative. I'm supposed to get Kinect Sports Rivals tomorrow as well (gotta clean and re-arrange my room to use the Kinect...), then I'll get Watch Dogs in 7 weeks or so. Who actually wants to go throw $60 apiece at about 10 games at launch, when by the time you get to playing the last 5 of them, they'll be on-sale for half that or less?

Does anyone here actually engage in playing 5+ games at the same time? I personally have only played Halo 4 over the past month or so on my 360, then a few chunks of time on PC were spent on various games, just to try them out after purchase. I'll probably still be interested in my current trio of games when Watch Dogs comes out, but my dad was set on buying me games, since I couldn't get that Titanfall controller.
    04-07-2014 01:08 PM
    IDK, there are good things and bad things. My biggest complaint is the art style, because on those big, destroyed maps, people REALLY blend in. It's hard to see folks from a distance, and as someone who played Black Ops II with a SCAR-H from a distance, it's frustrating.

However, I love the feel of the Titans. You don't feel like a cumbersome monster at all. The only thing that's a bit annoying there is I've been told someone was on me several times, only to hop out and have no one there. Then that electric smoke, it's garbage. I tried to hop on a few Titans, only to have the electric smoke get me. That's likely a go-to perk for people, if it's 100% effective at stopping a rodeo.
    I have to agree about the art style. Every time someone rodeos me and I hop off to shoot them, I probably shoot the first magazine and miss 90% shots cos I cant see them on the damn titan. Same largely goes for the maps in general, but that's more dependant on the factions and map and location in said map.

Electric Smoke is great, but it's only really great for stopping that rodeo. You arn't gonna win a duel against another Titan if they are equipped with Vortex Shield and you with Electric Smoke. I think the balance there is actually pretty great/smart. For me, the single most dangerous thing in the game for me is to disembark to remove the rodeo-dude myself, I probably get killed in the process 8 times out of 10. But at the same time, I'm personally pretty strong in my Stryder (be it against titans or infantry) and the Stryder is really hard to manage without Vortex Shield cos it has so low shields/armor.

It really depends on the lobby though. I keep a titan loadout that is same as my "go to loadout" but with Electric Smoke instead of Vortex Shield. Typically I don't get rodeod all that much to justify using electric smoke but in this one lobby the other day I was getting rodeod constantly and I kept losing my life and my titan more to that than anything else. So for that I switched into the smoke loadout. But typically for me I just keep Vortex Shield cos it just is really really important for durability as a titan, especially as a Stryder.

As for the amount of games, I have trouble even playing 2 at the moment. I really love Thief and want to play it more... but Titanfall! Especially when I often have a Big Bang Theory-DVD in the drive and I have TF as digital, so when I'm like "Maybe I'll play like 20 mins", I've noticed it's clearly much likelier for me to just play TF than open the drawer with disc cases, take DVD out, insert it to its case, take Thief disc from it's case, insert it in, get back to the couch.. As opposed to "Xbox, go to Titanfall" :P
    04-07-2014 01:11 PM
    1) its expensive. really expensive to develop games now. .
    no it is not. It is expensive to make "triple A" titles that are usually more hyped up with expensive advertising and marketing than actually being good.

There are tons, and I mean TONS of indie developers that make good games that aren't expensive. The 360 has plenty of proof of that.
    04-07-2014 02:16 PM
    I do all my media consumption on my PC (plugged into my TV), so I don't have to worry about that. However, I just hit level 10 when I got up this morning and played a round or two, so I haven't actually made a custom Titan loadout yet. I'll have to see what is worth changing from the default Atlas loadout (I tried Ogre for a little and hated the launcher, yet to try the Stryder). I'm kind of just leveling guns/completing weapon challenges right now, so I haven't bothered with playing with loadouts too much just yet.
    04-07-2014 02:21 PM
    If you see a titan drop rush over to them - get inside their force field and drop your smoke. Destroys them, and usually kills the pilot trying to get there too.

I only use smoke now. One to at least get people off me. As soon as you hear them climbing on you,lay it down. Sound is so important for that.
    04-07-2014 02:44 PM
    Keith make sure you get the smart glass app. So much better than the 360 version. Pretty useful. Especially when reading and sending messages on Xbox live. Its also a quick way to see who is online and what they're doing.

BTW what is your gamertag?
    04-07-2014 02:52 PM
    Oh, I use the Games hub for Xbox LIVE messages, works just fine. I have SmartGalss, but haven't found a use for it beyond typing in the Titanfall code that came with the console.

My Gamertag is Lil Frier
    04-07-2014 04:03 PM
    Smart Glass is great, you must try it. :) Once it gets updated and you will be able to control One with your mobile phone, will be next big step to the world of next gen. :)
    04-08-2014 03:12 AM
    I use Smartglass quite often, typically when I'm too lazy to go get the controller from somewhere :P
    berty6294 likes this.
    04-08-2014 03:15 AM
    I use it to save battery life on my controller.
    04-08-2014 10:03 AM
    I use Smartglass quite often, typically when I'm too lazy to go get the controller from somewhere :P
    Exactly me. If I'm in bed and want to watch Netflix or something like that I just use my phone to control my Xbox!
    04-08-2014 10:17 AM
    Yeah, you all use your consoles for general media. My PC is plugged into my TV, so I use it for those tasks. My console is solely for gaming (at least so far), so there's no saving battery or being lazy trying to play a game with SmartGlass, haha. I actually haven't gotten any messages since Sunday, but I do that in the Games hub, replying to those.
    04-08-2014 10:32 AM
    Hey if you have more than one controller (or plan on getting more than one) I just posted a thread about an Insignia charger which is leaps (imo) better than Microsoft's play and charge!
    04-08-2014 10:33 AM
    Hmm... may be old news to everyone here, but it looks like Target is bundling a 12 month XBL subscription with the Titanfall eddition... so $449.99 nets you a game and year of online gaming with the console.
    04-10-2014 01:42 PM
    Hmm... may be old news to everyone here, but it looks like Target is bundling a 12 month XBL subscription with the Titanfall eddition... so $449.99 nets you a game and year of online gaming with the console.
    Which 'effectively' makes the console about $330 - which is a crazy good deal.
    04-10-2014 01:56 PM
    Yeah, they announced it the day after I got mine, haha.
    04-10-2014 02:03 PM
    I came upon this thread, might be interesting for your headset question even if it is an extra adaptor...

Make your Xbox One headset work on your PC...
    04-10-2014 03:44 PM
    Thanks, I think I've decided to just wait. The included headset is passable.
    04-10-2014 04:24 PM
73 123