If I reset my pc with the windows 10 (keeping the files) will it reinstall without problems?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

If I reset my pc with the windows 10 (keeping the files or remove everything) will it reinstall the windows 10 without problems, for example: will it ask me a activation key (product key) because the windows 10 now is not free? Or if it asks me, can I use the activation key that I used when I bought this pc with the windows 8.1?

I just don't want to make a mistake and lose the windows 10

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you reset your PC, your Windows 10 license will still activate. During the OOBE setup process, choose enter key later and proceed. Once you are connected to the internet with or without your Microsoft account your PC will automatically activate.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
If I reset my pc with the windows 10 (keeping the files or remove everything) will it reinstall the windows 10 without problems, for example: will it ask me a activation key (product key) because the windows 10 now is not free? Or if it asks me, can I use the activation key that I used when I bought this pc with the windows 8.1?

I just don't want to make a mistake and lose the windows 10

it will reinstall without issues 99.99% of the time and solve any issues that you did have prior to the reset

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz