02-14-2018 12:30 AM
321 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    @fatclue_98
    When'd you acquire the X3?
    3 days ago. Movin' on up like George and Weezie.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
    editguy and libra89 like this.
    06-25-2017 10:54 AM
    I'll probably pay the $10 for a new SIM just to avoid Cricket's customer service.
    That's a shame. Around me the stores are uber helpful and they always give the SIM free.
    06-25-2017 11:43 AM
    3 days ago. Movin' on up like George and Weezie.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
    I saw your other posts...cool deal.

I too went in on one for 325, since I ended up with two idol4s phones now. I sold a oneplus 3 and my 950 xl to cover one.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-25-2017 03:21 PM
    @DylanCochard
    Are you thinking of preordering the Europe bound variant, or forget about it? I believe you're in that region or maybe I'm mistaken...

It went on preorder several days ago for that region in Germany. link
    anon(10197358) likes this.
    06-30-2017 09:51 AM
    hope with this(europe phone) we get more support for fix those errors...
    paschott likes this.
    06-30-2017 04:47 PM
    @Nate W

Yep, I'am from France. Here, Idol Pro isn't again available in pre-order, but I think it should be the case soon. Not Idol Pro for me, I thinking to order a Samsung Galaxy S8 ^^

Maybe a WDRT update soon to display/support Idol Pro.
    nate0 likes this.
    06-30-2017 06:03 PM
    hope with this(europe phone) we get more support for fix those errors...
    But the price (599€, $672)! How many do you think will sell? They cost 40% of that in the US, and have for awhile, and it doesn't appear that they're flying off the shelves.
    fatclue_98 and nate0 like this.
    06-30-2017 08:15 PM
    But the price (599€, $672)! How many do you think will sell? They cost 40% of that in the US, and have for awhile, and it doesn't appear that they're flying off the shelves.
    Apparently Alcatel took marketing classes from Microsoft. They killed what could have been a decent selling phone for them.
    tgp, fatclue_98, nate0 and 3 others like this.
    06-30-2017 09:12 PM
    Is that normal pricing for Germany?
    06-30-2017 10:53 PM

Maybe a WDRT update soon to display/support Idol Pro.
    Maybe. I'm definitely not flashing anything anytime soon...;)
    anon(10197358) likes this.
    06-30-2017 10:55 PM
    Maybe. I'm definitely not flashing anything anytime soon...;)
    checked yesterday and the open market ffu has still not been fixed, still have same errors and issues.
    07-01-2017 07:26 PM
    I have the exact same problem here. The open market firmware is much newer and i can't get rid of the T-Mobile firmware. Can we modify something ourself to get this flashing done?
    07-04-2017 01:01 AM
    I have the exact same problem here. The open market firmware is much newer and i can't get rid of the T-Mobile firmware. Can we modify something ourself to get this flashing done?
    Not that we know of at this time.
    07-04-2017 09:35 AM
    we have been working trying to work around the system checks when flashing but nothing has worked as of yet, I think the only way this will get resolved if alcatel get off their arses and fix the broken ffu on wdrt, which they have known about for quite some time now.
    07-04-2017 08:16 PM
    @Iain_S @DylanCochard
    Anything new from their Twitter accounts and communication directly to you about a time frame or anything new? Or did they leave it with just wait for the update?
    07-05-2017 06:28 AM
    @Iain_S @DylanCochard
    Anything new from their Twitter accounts and communication directly to you about a time frame or anything new? Or did they leave it with just wait for the update?
    they have not said anything new to me and going by this I don't think it will ever get fixed.
    07-05-2017 07:28 PM
    Was hoping that this device's release in the EU would mean a new/fixed firmware at the least. Sad to see that still hasn't happened, but glad to hear that Alcatel will eventually ship back a proper open market device with enough prodding. (Apparently many detailed notes in the ticket and RMA aren't enough for that. :-/ )
    07-06-2017 12:44 PM
    @Nate W

Same thing that @Iain_S.
    07-06-2017 08:17 PM
    Well guys... i dk, i think im done with Windows 10 mobile... i love my alcatel but i cant be fine using my "broken" alcatel and every app its a sh... i mean with this phone the OS, apps and all suppose to goes like a charm... thats why i get it! i was hoping a miracle from Microsoft until december (lol) but now with this joke from alcatel and W$ (i mean after CU some things get fix and others get bad and now this maybe never get fixed) I change my 640 XL for this beauty but im starting to really open my eyes (yes, after getting a 710, 520, 720, Surface RT(same case here), 1020, 640, 950, 640 XL and now IDOL 4S) think gonna try to sell it and jump on a xiaomi with a big pain on my heart
    nate0 likes this.
    07-06-2017 09:56 PM
    Since Microsoft's mobile strategy for years has been to focus on mobile for other platforms instead of their own, this is unfortunately how the road is going to end for all of us. There aren't any noteworthy Windows Phones coming up or even rumored to come up, so I think the writing's on the wall. And no, Surface Phone doesn't count as a credible rumor. It's the same clickbait fodder from 2014, just repackaged every few months with different specs.
    Jonathanmr7 likes this.
    07-07-2017 12:07 AM
    So I'm here again now with a Xiaomi red mi note 4 and hell! This is the speed my old Alcatel need it! I'm so ashamed, this is another level working and opening everything and u know the other! One day and hell how much miss my tiles haha feedback from a windows lover
    07-08-2017 11:07 PM
    So I'm here again now with a Xiaomi red mi note 4 and hell! This is the speed my old Alcatel need it! I'm so ashamed, this is another level working and opening everything and u know the other! One day and hell how much miss my tiles haha feedback from a windows lover ������
    As much as it kills me, I suspect that I'm not far behind you. I think that WP did (and still does) have some quality attributes despite the huge gulf between it and other platforms in terms of features and apps. But you shouldn't have to make compromises when buying supposed "flagship" grade devices, and that's how it is with WP. Want a good camera? You have to sacrifice screen size. Want good battery life? Oops, looks like you're going to have to sacrifice the camera. It's so stupid and unnecessary.

I want a modern smartphone with a big screen, good camera, and a stylus. I want something that just works. Now. Not in two or three months when an update might or might not make it work. I'm tired of unboxing a new phone and instantly being so disappointed that I'm already hoping for something better "next year". I was patient when WP7 was released, but there's no excuse for MS to still be so far behind 5 years later.

I hope Microsoft pulls something good out of their *** before the Galaxy Note 8 gets here, because if not, I'm gone and so are the rest of us who want a serious productivity tool. Frankly, they're lucky the Note 7 went down in flames, or else 90% of their remaining 0.78% of smartphone users would have defected.
    nate0 and Jonathanmr7 like this.
    07-09-2017 03:41 PM
    As much as it kills me, I suspect that I'm not far behind you. I think that WP did (and still does) have some quality attributes despite the huge gulf between it and other platforms in terms of features and apps. But you shouldn't have to make compromises when buying supposed "flagship" grade devices, and that's how it is with WP. Want a good camera? You have to sacrifice screen size. Want good battery life? Oops, looks like you're going to have to sacrifice the camera. It's so stupid and unnecessary.

I want a modern smartphone with a big screen, good camera, and a stylus. I want something that just works. Now. Not in two or three months when an update might or might not make it work. I'm tired of unboxing a new phone and instantly being so disappointed that I'm already hoping for something better "next year". I was patient when WP7 was released, but there's no excuse for MS to still be so far behind 5 years later.

I hope Microsoft pulls something good out of their *** before the Galaxy Note 8 gets here, because if not, I'm gone and so are the rest of us who want a serious productivity tool. Frankly, they're lucky the Note 7 went down in flames, or else 90% of their remaining 0.78% of smartphone users would have defected.
    I hear ya. Such limited choice in devices makes it very difficult. I hope the 950/xl don't end the w10m legacy as the best devices. Cuz so far that's the way it seems....the Idol 4s comes kinda close. The elite X3 even closer. But those devices are still in the shadows of the last of the lumia line. I hope a device comes soon that knocks the socks off folks otherwise I may join another crowd over time too...
    Jonathanmr7 and Chubbynaga like this.
    07-09-2017 03:56 PM
    @Nate W

Now, Idol 4 Pro is available in pre-order also in France.
    Last edited by DylanCochard; 07-13-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    07-13-2017 08:51 AM
    The phone has potential. Alcatel could do a lot more with this hardware if they just put effort behind it...
    Jonathanmr7, editguy and Iain_S like this.
    07-13-2017 08:55 AM
321 ... 89101112 ...