10-02-2015 04:02 AM
185 ... 5678
tools
    25mb
    01-05-2014 03:43 PM
    Hey guys, pls help me to find the problem (and to developer of super calendar). Super calendar eats memory at my device (nokia 925). I want to know, is it my problem or something wider. How to check it: Settings -> Storage check -> wait for circle -> swipe to details -> click details button under the Apps. Find "Super calendar" and post here the space allocated by super calendar. It should be about 20-40mb. My sc eats 20mb per day. I found it with 800mb. Reinstalled it and after 7 days there 140mb and growing.
    After you mentioned it, I checked.. allocated space was 380MB, after reinstall it was 35, but I expect it to grow again. Lumia 920 device
    01-06-2014 06:17 AM
    How do I set up a Google calendar from a gmail account?

Thanks.
    01-07-2014 02:34 PM
    Just throwing this out there for people that may have a lot of private appts for some reason in their exchange/outlook account that they want to unmark as private so that they show up in super calendar.. you can use the following to find private appts and mark them as non-private by using powershell/outlook com model. Have to run it a few times for it to find everything but it has helped me out.

[CODE]
    # Query calendar for all appts marked as private and make them non-private
    $olApp = New-Object -COM Outlook.Application
    $namespace = $olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    $fldCalendar = $namespace.GetDefaultFolder(9)
    "Retreiving calendar items"
    $filter = "[Sensitivity] = '2'"
    $items = $fldCalendar.Items.Restrict($filter)
    #$items
    foreach ($item in $items)
    {
    $item.sensitivity = 0
    $item.Save()
    write-host $item.Organizer, $item.Sensitivity, $item.subject
    }

[/CODE]
    01-08-2014 04:07 PM
    Full changelog of the updates would be nice to have
    01-10-2014 07:01 AM
    Same for me, no longer updating on it's own or even when you open the app to day view, nothing there till I refresh. Also very slow opening app up it was great before till this update! Please fix.
    There is something that I just noticed today.. I checked the background app settings and Super Calendar was blocked.. I added an entry to the calendar using WP default calendar, then unblocked Super Calendar... it updated live tile successfully. However after that it was again blocked in the background processes.. I repeated this and it was constantly going to blocked state. I think this is where the problem lies, but I don't really have a clue how to solve it.

Edit : I have read somewhere that if a background process throws too many errors, the OS blocks it.

Edit : Last night I got the Update 3 on my Lumia 920 (Black Update). So far the lock screen and live tile hava been updating successfuly.
    Increasing of disk space used by the application remains though.
    Last edited by pdedinski; 01-25-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    01-16-2014 04:59 PM
    Super Calendar version 1.7 is now out. This has tons of new features along with performance improvement.

A new home page is introduced with this release with new styles for different views. It also comes with an agenda view.

Should you prefer the old home page, there's a link to go to the page. And once on the page, there's an option to set it as your home page. Here are some screenshots for this release:

wp_ss_20140204_0003-1-.png wp_ss_20140204_0013-2-.png wp_ss_20140204_0002-2-.png wp_ss_20140204_0005-1-.png
    aaa6112 likes this.
    02-07-2014 02:01 PM
    It is loading much faster now, but the new UI design is something I didn't expect, sadly feels like a different app now.

After the update the live tile shows coloured texts, and turning them off has no effect.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    02-08-2014 03:23 AM
    But:

The views are definitely more efficient in screen space, so I would love to see the more blackish design without too much visual grids coming back. It seems to me, that the mix of both, new typographic styles and previous color reduced/phone themed and darker layout grid, could become my favourite design.
    02-08-2014 05:44 AM
    I've tot problems with the livetile. Sometimes no appoinments on the livetile. Sometimes they are there......

Sent from my Nokia 1520 using Tapatalk
    02-08-2014 07:03 AM
    My new lock screen and live tile settings in action =)

Last edited by gerzhwin; 02-08-2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: IMG added
    02-08-2014 04:10 PM
    Unfortunately:
    a) the appointment blocks on the lock screen spread vertically after background update
    b) the lime accent colour only stays until the first tile update, then turns to white
    02-10-2014 03:13 AM
    I've just updated the app to the latest version and it got everything messed up. Before that, I wad happy using the exchange calendar and I could edit all my appointments inside the app, but for some reason, the update changed all of that.
    Now, below my hotmail and google calendars, I see 3 other completely random ones with weird number tags, that I didn't even create myself (at least definitely not intentionally).
    Anyway, can anyone tell me how to setup the app again, what options to use to be able to have all my appointments in the same calendar and to be able to create/edit them within the app?
    Thanks in advance

Oh btw, for some reason, the appointments I've created in the standard windows phone calendar app (this issue forced me back to it) show up on the old home page, but not on the new one. Any idea on what could cause this?
    02-11-2014 09:40 AM
    Lock screen layout spreading and displaying of appointment's notes are fixed with latest update.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just thought so ... back to to spreaded state after lock screen update.
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 02-16-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    02-16-2014 06:03 AM
    After you mentioned it, I checked.. allocated space was 380MB, after reinstall it was 35, but I expect it to grow again. Lumia 920 device
    Hi, that is because SC syncs all calendar data (I think upto 12 months or more in the past).

Some other cal apps do have an option to configure the amount of months to sync, and have the option to set it to 3 months for instance.
    That greatly reduces the amount of data stored on your phone.

Imo the dev. should try to implement that option, for it would greatly reduce data growth, AND make the app sync faster and more effeciently.

None the less, dev. is doing an amazing job with this app. It is one of very few apps I actually bought
    02-23-2014 04:19 PM
    Can anyone tell me if I'm able to choose which calendar to create an appointment. In hotmail, I have a personal calendar as well as family one. Earlier version of this app would not let me choose and only added it to personal. If this option is available, I would have no issues paying the $5 for this app.
    03-03-2014 05:26 PM
    Can anyone tell me if I'm able to choose which calendar to create an appointment. In hotmail, I have a personal calendar as well as family one. Earlier version of this app would not let me choose and only added it to personal. If this option is available, I would have no issues paying the $5 for this app.
    If you mean an option to turn on or off calendars...yes it can do that. On my device in SC, I only have outlook calendar turned on, so appointments are created there. I have birthday calendar and holidays calendar aswel in outlook, and can turn them on or off aswel. Normally all other calendars in outlook can be switched on/off same manner in the app...I guess.
    03-03-2014 07:04 PM
    I appreciate the response. It's not really an option to turn off calendars but the option to select which calendar I want to put the new appointment in. The previouse version of Super Calendar would not allow this feature. When I create a new appointment, it would only put it on my personal hotmail calendar. But the problem is I have multiple hotmaill calendars (Personal, Family, Birthdays). I need the option to select which calendar I want that appointment to go to when it is initially setup. I would have to go into my mail account via the mail app, select the appointment, then change the entry from personal to family. The calendar app I currently use (Chronos) has this feature but I really like the calendar display layouts in this app though. This is the only thing keeping me from purchasing this app.
    03-04-2014 12:43 PM
    I want to buy this but Ill wait till 8.1 I have a feeling 8.1 will make this app less effective?
    03-04-2014 12:53 PM
    Calendar colors on the live tile...I can't get them to behave.
    I have two google calendars and one work calendar that uses google.
    On the day/week/month view the colors are set for the three accounts:
    Work - Orange
    Personal 1 - blue
    Personal 2 - Red

On the live tile, however, I get
    Personal 1 - Orange
    Personal 2 - Orange
    Work - Dark Red

Any ideas on why this is happening, and how to fix it?

T
    03-04-2014 02:30 PM
    Calendar colors on the live tile...I can't get them to behave.
    Are the same colours selected in both old (top bar : first left top tile) and new (settings : more app settings) home page's settings menus?
    03-05-2014 03:31 AM
    I want to buy this but Ill wait till 8.1 I have a feeling 8.1 will make this app less effective?
    From what I've seen in the new 8.1 OS, it still won't compare to what either Super Calendar or even Chronos are offering.
    03-05-2014 10:01 AM
    Are the same colours selected in both old (top bar : first left top tile) and new (settings : more app settings) home page's settings menus?
    Let me see if I can explain this better...typed to fast the first time.
    In the Settings/Calendars I have
    Personal google 1 - Red
    Personal google 2 - Blue
    Work google - Yellow
    These colors display correctly in the month and year view, but not day or week.

In New Calendar view (day, week, etc) the colors are
    Personal google 1 - Red
    Personal google 2 - Red
    Work google - Yellow

The colors that display in the calendar are what display in the Live Tile as well...

So, the issue is that the second personal google calendar is set to be blue, but displays as red like the first personal google.

I think there is a bug in the tile, day, and week views...because month and year show the colors correctly.

It's really frustrating because I use my calendars more than anything else on the phone...and I use color for quick looks....
    03-05-2014 10:27 PM
    Hi, that is because SC syncs all calendar data (I think upto 12 months or more in the past).
    I agree.. it is a really useful app..
    However, about what you mentioned... When I reinstall the app, after it syncs the calendar data (at least I may view my agenda for a few months ahead), the used storage space in total is close to 40MB.. In a couple of weeks time, during which I get something like 40 new events, it grows to over a hundred megabytes (and keeps growing), which clearly is not right.

In the last update the dev mentioned something about a cache clearing to free up space, but so far no change for this has occured...
    No matter if it syncs up to a twelve months, size like 400 megabytes seems a bit much for a calendar cache.

Also there are a few new bugs I noticed
    - In the new version there is an option to view the old calendar style... However in the old style I did not find an option to switch back to the new one other than reinstalling the app. Also the new views are not applied to the old page style, but I can live with that.
    - When in the new week view (Style 4) when I open details of the appiontment when I scroll the details page, the week view underneath scrolls as well, switching to next or previous week, depending on the scrolling direction.
    - (this one is not really a bug) The new appointment details does not contain any information about people participating in a certain event, lacking the previously convenient shortcuts to send mail or message to any of them. In my opinion the new appointment detail style is a step backwards from the functionality. If possible please provide an option to use the new view styles, but the old appointment details view. It was really convenient and infomative rather than this "sticky note" style.
    03-10-2014 09:52 AM
    I agree.. it is a really useful app..
    However, about what you mentioned... When I reinstall the app, after it syncs the calendar data (at least I may view my agenda for a few months ahead), the used storage space in total is close to 40MB.. In a couple of weeks time, during which I get something like 40 new events, it grows to over a hundred megabytes (and keeps growing), which clearly is not right.

In the last update the dev mentioned something about a cache clearing to free up space, but so far no change for this has occured...
    No matter if it syncs up to a twelve months, size like 400 megabytes seems a bit much for a calendar cache.

Also there are a few new bugs I noticed
    - In the new version there is an option to view the old calendar style... However in the old style I did not find an option to switch back to the new one other than reinstalling the app. Also the new views are not applied to the old page style, but I can live with that.
    - When in the new week view (Style 4) when I open details of the appiontment when I scroll the details page, the week view underneath scrolls as well, switching to next or previous week, depending on the scrolling direction.
    - (this one is not really a bug) The new appointment details does not contain any information about people participating in a certain event, lacking the previously convenient shortcuts to send mail or message to any of them. In my opinion the new appointment detail style is a step backwards from the functionality. If possible please provide an option to use the new view styles, but the old appointment details view. It was really convenient and infomative rather than this "sticky note" style.
    The developer of SC is most qualified to answer these off course.

-> when in old view, press the three dots at the bottom right and scroll to the last option. It should say "new home page". If you press that you will revert back to the new UI style.
    Those views are part of the new UI-style. It was mostly the purpose of implementing a "new" UI-style, so it is normal they aren't present in the old UI-style.

-> I have the same thing. Could be a minor bug, but doesn't seem to be a real issue for usage. Slightly bothersome.

-> This is def. one for the dev., but when you press an appointment now at the bottom there are several icons...press the exclamation mark, and you will find what I suspect is what you are looking for regarding attendees and such...
    03-11-2014 03:37 PM
185 ... 5678