05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    Push notification is not working properly ever since i upgraded to GDR3. anyone else having problems ?
    10-15-2013 08:43 PM
    Push notification is not working properly ever since i upgraded to GDR3. anyone else having problems ?
    hahahaha, why am I not surprised? xD
    10-16-2013 03:10 AM
    Hello all,

i have the "Not Connected" error..

reboot did not solve it.
    got the same thing last night. I think it was a crash in the server because after a couple of hours, it was running smooth again!!
    10-16-2013 03:37 AM
    Guys, I read in another blog, from a user who is a beta tester, that soon there will be another update which will allow us to pin a single conversation to Start screen and also introduce the option to magnify the text (bigger characters) - feature for the people with eye problems. There was no detail on the release date though.

wp_ss_20131016_0001.png

wp_ss_20131016_0002.png
    Last edited by invictus_7; 10-16-2013 at 03:58 AM.
    Jonathan Piferrer likes this.
    10-16-2013 03:47 AM
    Guys, I read in another blog, from a user who is a beta tester, that soon there will be another update which will allow us to pin a single conversation to Start screen and also introduce the option to magnify the text (bigger characters) - feature for the people with eye problems. There was no detail on the release date though.
    Lol am not surprised, whatsapp is not bothered about windows os, they keep making random promises and give buggy updates lol.
    Soyeb Mullick likes this.
    10-16-2013 03:51 AM
    No problem was not because of gdr3, whatsapp last night did not work on any platform, not IOS not android not windows phone for some time, we was chatting on group chat an that happened, and it did not work to anyone of us for some time, luckily it got back to business
    10-16-2013 03:58 AM
    just edited the old post with some screenshots. they're in italian but you can see what I was talking about!! :)
    10-16-2013 04:00 AM
    Invictus can u plz ask him on that forum if that beta has multiple image sending and background image possibilities?
    10-16-2013 04:06 AM
    I did, actually, and I wasn't the only one ahah however he didn't answer.
    I can give you my opinion though: background image will never come to WP platform. this is simply because it's not in the WP stile to let you personalize the background (you can only choose between dark and light option in the menu). So I don't think that option will ever come to WP.
    but not only this!! also saving videos on the phone! this is actually a limitation of the OS. For what I understand, Microsoft has blocked 3rd party apps to save videos on the phone storage (for security reasons - stuff like that). I'm just hoping that things will change in feature - I really love MS and I don't want to change.
    Jonathan Piferrer likes this.
    10-16-2013 04:26 AM
    Great, we will be waiting for that update!
    10-16-2013 06:00 AM
    I have a problem with Whatsapp not auto-saving incoming images. I have got the setting enabled but it still doesn't save.

I have tried setting the option to off and restarting Whatsapp, then changing it back but with no joy.

Has anyone seen this before?
    Same here on a Lumia 920. Auto saving pictures doesn't work anymore.
    10-16-2013 02:15 PM
    Whatsapp is a battery drainer. Once I removed Whatsapp, battery life is so much better on my 1020. There is no such issue on my HTC One with the Android version. And when was the last update from Whatsapp? Android version has been updating now and then, while Windows Phone version is so quiet like still water. Emailed them and no reply at all. With all these kind of cold shoulders from developers and companies, I really wonder how can Windows Phone ever catch up with the attentions given on other platforms.... Really sad to see this.
    10-16-2013 09:05 PM
    With all these kind of cold shoulders from developers and companies, I really wonder how can Windows Phone ever catch up with the attentions given on other platforms.... Really sad to see this.
    THIS, right this, is the real problem now!! And this isn't MS fault, not at all! They are doing everything to catch up with what other platforms can offer (in term of apps and games)!! See, for example, the Facebook app that Microsoft is building for us - I gave the beta version on my L920 and they are pushing updates EVERY FRIDAY!! oh, not to mention that jerks for Google!! Why in the hell they need to block an app that's nearly perfect?? Why?
    This is the real problem right now - very small interest from developers..........
    10-17-2013 03:40 AM
    very small interest from developers..........
    Very small interest from official developers. Third party developers are doing a great job.
    10-17-2013 04:03 AM
    Very small interest from official developers. Third party developers are doing a great job.
    what the f**k does this mean? Every developer that is not Nokia or Microsoft is a third party developer!!!!!
    10-17-2013 05:13 AM
    what the f**k does this mean? Every developer that is not Nokia or Microsoft is a third party developer!!!!!
    face.jpg
    hipporama likes this.
    10-17-2013 05:31 AM
    Hi, I recently bought a new Nokia Lumia 520 and I'm experiencing some annoying problems with whatsapp and notifications... Turns out that WhatsApp only "receives" messages when I open it... If the phone is IDLE i get no notifications, I've already turned on Wifi Always On and Permited whatsApp to run in background and this have not solved the problem :/
    What else can I do? Is this a problem with MS push or whatsapp?

thx!
    10-17-2013 10:14 PM
    Hi, I recently bought a new Nokia Lumia 520 and I'm experiencing some annoying problems with whatsapp and notifications... Turns out that WhatsApp only "receives" messages when I open it... If the phone is IDLE i get no notifications, I've already turned on Wifi Always On and Permited whatsApp to run in background and this have not solved the problem :/
    What else can I do? Is this a problem with MS push or whatsapp?

thx!
    just dont post here and there.. and also answer to the questions for getting your problem solved..

Is battery saver ON??
    10-17-2013 11:15 PM
    just dont post here and there.. and also answer to the questions for getting your problem solved..

Is battery saver ON??
    You don't even have to ask, its evident that his battery saver is on.
    10-17-2013 11:49 PM
    You don't even have to ask, its evident that his battery saver is on.
    hey no.. he created one more thread and in that its said that the battery saver is OFF and also enabled Whatsapp in background :P
    10-17-2013 11:55 PM
    hey no.. he created one more thread and in that its said that the battery saver is OFF and also enabled Whatsapp in background :P
    I won't make efforts to locate the thread, break my fingers to type and tell him that he needs to reset the phone & reinstall whatsapp.
    He is doing something wrong for sure, deal with it, lol.
    10-17-2013 11:57 PM
    I won't make efforts to locate the thread, break my fingers to type and tell him that he needs to reset the phone & reinstall whatsapp.
    He is doing something wrong for sure, deal with it, lol.
    ha ha.. thats whats CLASS :D
    montsa007 likes this.
    10-18-2013 12:00 AM
    Hi All,

Just recently I deleted all the messages from WhatsApp. And now when ever I get a message from one my friend, his name doesn't appear on top of my contact list. I have to scroll all the way down to view his message.

This never happened before, when I deleted all the messages from WhatsApp.

Is there a setting for this? And I have a Lumia 520
    10-19-2013 08:34 AM
    ^I don't know what you're trying to say, a screenshot?
    10-19-2013 08:41 AM
    Hi All,

Just recently I deleted all the messages from WhatsApp. And now when ever I get a message from one my friend, his name doesn't appear on top of my contact list. I have to scroll all the way down to view his message.

This never happened before, when I deleted all the messages from WhatsApp.

Is there a setting for this? And I have a Lumia 520
    If you are looking under the "favorites" you will have to scroll to the name. But if you are looking under "chats" then the conversation with the most recent message appears at the top of the list.
    10-19-2013 08:59 AM
3,811 ... 4748495051 ...