WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
People are kidding now, when there was WhatsApp in store that time nobody had problem with windows phone and now when its pulled. People saying wp is bad, don't buy it and all that sh*t! And if WhatsApp gets into stores again tomorrow, people will start saying that yeyyyyy wp is so good ! I love WP! Seriously this is the height, just cuz a app people decide which platform is good and which is not ! And yeah I know that feeling but still they're working ! Its taking time but for good! Instead of using,buggy, battery draining app. Wait for some more time :)

Another guy who doesn't get it.

Guys, keep complaining on twitter:
https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=@joebelfiore
@joebelfiore

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
@sdc1
the only? Who say that? You?
C'mmon guys! Open your minds!! There are much (yeah, much) really good apps, just try it, what a fear with the changes! God! Much of your friends and your family want and wish to keep online with you, so if you say them that you don't have WhatsApp temporarily and you have to change TEMPORARILY the app which you use to communicate, They just will move on you, that is!

Nobody can to talk by other people, there is people think different and I know they know that by one app don't change their phones. I said.

Why should I have to do that? Why should I expect 47 people to switch to another app? What about the people they connect with? Will they switch as well?

Get real. Nearly a year ago Belfiore was talking about the apps on WP reaching critical mass. This is no longer an OS in its infancy, no more excuses.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
II'm not from USA,I know about data and mobile costs,we don't have it here easy also ,home internet is 50 USD/month for 1MB DSL and that's just internet,doesn't include mobile minutes or plans,our post paid plans are crazy along with prepaid,I also communicate with many people from my 1201 contacts,765 use WhatsApp and i normally keep in contact with over 13 from different parts of the world in related to work,then there's close friends and other pals I keep in contact with that's about 18,and lots of relatives local and overseas I'll just say around 13 that I usually keep in contact with during the week on and off

Well I'm sorry if your friends/family wouldn't install an app like you said just to keep in contact with you,but mine have cause it all comes back to it's just an app used for communicating,features differ but it has same purpose, so there are means of communicating while issue is being addressed,some won't like because I guess they've gotten accustomed to using WhatsApp,technology never fails there are many other means but people I guess are getting more lazy with it also.

You must not be very active forming new contacts. It's quite easy to get a small group to try your new app, but not if you constantly exchange numbers with new people and they expect to communicate with you over WhatsApp. It is just not possible, get it into your stubborn brain. No WhatsApp = No WP. Period.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, are you another American who doesn't understand the importance of WhatsApp in some countries? Just STOP suggesting we could switch to another app. IT IS NO OPTION. Most people do not communicate only with their 2 or 3 best friends. I for one communicate with dozens others who would certainly not install another app just for me. Asking us to do without WhatsApp is probably the same as for you to do without SMS.

By the way, how do you see how many people you have in your WhatsApp favorites? Did you guys count them by hand lol?
I'm not going to suggest you ask everyone to switch, but I AM curious: Do all of you with hundreds of friends actually message all these people all the time, and are those people you message not on Facebook or Skype or twitter or something as well? I get that asking lots of people to switch is a hassle. But I don't get how it can be so hard to use already existing means of communications with these people.

dakshbaghmar

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I think there can be 2 reasons by which WhatsApp can be brought back to the store
1st. Stop using WhatsApp on WP
Or
2nd raise voice so that it could be brought back to the store!!!

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to suggest you ask everyone to switch, but I AM curious: Do all of you with hundreds of friends actually message all these people all the time, and are those people you message not on Facebook or Skype or twitter or something as well? I get that asking lots of people to switch is a hassle. But I don't get how it can be so hard to use already existing means of communications with these people.

First of all, I'm not even going to ask anyone to use another app. It is freaking embarrassing. They will probably just laugh, and say get and Android/iPhone. Nobody will buy a WP when there is no WhatsApp.
To make it more clear to you, I can still use WhatsApp, because I have it installed. But my concern is for the growth of WP and the people that can't use it right now.

On top of that:
Facebook messenger is inferior and not updated once since launch.
Skype app is horrible for chatting and basically anything else.

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
When I establish a new contact with someone the conversation usually goes 'do you have WhatsApp or something similar' and Kik, Viber etc are usually fine. I have WatsApp, Kik, Viber, Skpe and Telegram installed and at the end of the day I really don't mind which vehicle a person uses to send their message. It's a bit like the different postal services - who cares as long as it gets to you! If they can't be bothered then maybe you shouldn't bother communicating with them.

Andrew_12191a

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I wonder what Microsoft is gonna do to this whole Whatsapp soap. For many people WP is no longer a usefull operation system on their phone, they runaway to Android or iOS if it takes much longer.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I'm not even going to ask anyone to use another app. It is freaking embarrassing. They will probably just laugh, and say get and Android/iPhone.

Grow some balls, man. Seriously. :p
Facebook Messenger runs great for me, but it could definitely use some TLC.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Not outside USA: Spain, Germany, Italy, etc.. We are using ABOVE ALL whatsapp. facebook and skype are oddities here in europe. You do not seem to understand !

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
If you think I'm not active in forming groups or new contacts,people make it sound like WhatsApp is only means of communicating,I wonder if some of these same people remember time before WhatsApp,recently started some classes and in our group even though 7 out of 9 persons had WhatsApp we didn't use that for group discussions on class assignments,it would be funny to know some people switch their whole phone and then app gets back published back ,and miss all WP great features just for an app

What "great WP features"? I am pretty sure those are irrelevant to majority of users.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
What "great WP features"? I am pretty sure those are irrelevant to majority of users.

I wouldn't know either. I think you can do anything on Android or iOS that you can do on WP, and more.
The main reason why I love WP is the overall design and smoothness, the better start screen with live tiles and more consistency in experience. But that's about it.

kaantantr

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Not outside USA: Spain, Germany, Italy, etc.. We are using ABOVE ALL whatsapp. facebook and skype are oddities here in europe. You do not seem to understand !

I am curious where you live actually, since you believe facebook is an oddity in Europe...

Everyone , even 80+ year olds have facebook also in Europe, they just dont use it as primary chatting system... If you speak them over facebook, its no different than sending an SMS, they'll respond...

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well whatsapp would be bothered if they lose users as they are aiming for every platform. If they didn't care, they would simply not update the app ever again like Kik. Pulling the app indicates that they want to do SOMETHING and they need blackmail to do it. It could be a fix MS have ignored, or deeper access or,something. If they simply didn't give a s**t, they wouldn't update the Beta either

Whatsapp can do whatever BIG thing they want to, but DO NOT remove the app from the store as they are lots out there need to install / reinstall the app, especially during the WP8.1 DP. Even without the DP users, I'm sure that there are still lots of consumers joined the WP platform especially in the Europe where WP is in the midst of growing potential. Withdrawing Whatsapp from the Store without any words from MS / Whatsapp for half a month is not doing any good to the platform at all. Once bitten, twice shy. Do you think they will continue to support WP or even recommend to their friends who are already enjoying the best support of Whatsapp on Android / iOS??

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't know either. I think you can do anything on Android or iOS that you can do on WP, and more.
The main reason why I love WP is the overall design and smoothness, the better start screen with live tiles and more consistency in experience. But that's about it.

Agree and they do things way better than WP. But then again had many years of headstart for development as compared to WP. So I don't blame the platform. The only things according to me WP is good at is security and UI. It saddens me that a 2014 OS can't even send multiple attachments in email. Can't add documents as an attachment to an email created in the mail app and MS is pitching this to enterprise customers. Even my symbian based 5233 can add multiple attachments.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Your real friends would INSTALL the other messenger app(s) to keep in contact with you once you let them know that WhatsApp experiencing bad behavior and developers are working on it,they not SWITCHING with no way of using back WhatsApp on their phone,it's a messenger app just like the many others that existed before it and we can use all with our smartphones

If you are a REAL friend, will dump Windows Phone and get an Android or iPhone instead. With those platforms, you will not need to worry if any apps will be pulled from Store again without any update notices. :wink:

kaantantr

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
If you are a REAL friend, will dump Windows Phone and get an Android or iPhone instead. With those platforms, you will not need to worry if any apps will be pulled from Store again without any update notices. :wink:

Well, excuse me if I dont waste 500 dollars on a new phone just to talk to a "friend", if that "friend" is not willing to download just another free messenger to talk to me..

You guys need to stop ranting and start thinking instead...

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, excuse me if I dont waste 500 dollars on a new phone just to talk to a "friend", if that "friend" is not willing to download just another free messenger to talk to me..

If it actually does the job you need it to do is it a waste of 500 dollars? I would say that having a phone which doesn't serve the purpose for which you bought it is a waste of money.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I think he may have been joking mate. But the gist of his point is most people won't change their messenger app just for a handful of people. Which is true as far as I'm aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon