Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, are they ever going to fix the " We're having trouble getting data right now. Please try again later." error?
Both my friend and I get this error when we try and do anything on the app. Keeps popping up every 10 seconds. Useless app, cant use it at all. Even with the 4.2.1 update

WuhJett

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
i have lumia 920 ,after i sync facebook acc .my 'people and photo' very laggy ....my facebook friend have 2.5 k friend
what happen ?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Messaging, Integrated fb is working well again (also notifications) ... well, still few double messages, but I can live with them, until they fix them too ...

About facebook app (4.2), I was using that too, when I had problem with fb messaging. It was just OK - it is really improved one, even of course, there is a room to improve, but it was OK to use and did not warm up my cp like before (old ones) ... About " We're having trouble getting data right now " occurs only during resuming (an app open faster, as a data connection), but it works well after clicking OK and continuing using it ....

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Messaging, Integrated fb is working well again (also notifications) ... well, still few double messages, but I can live with them, until they fix them too ...

Mmm, i never get double messages, i sometimes just dont get messages in the middle of chats, which causes me to constantly swap between the messaging app and the webapp to make sure i'm getting them all. Irritating.

About " We're having trouble getting data right now " occurs only during resuming (an app open faster, as a data connection), but it works well after clicking OK and continuing using it ....

Odd, for me (and my friend) no matter what we do the message just keep ******* popping up every 10seconds or so. God. So. BAD.

dandresb

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there a facebook app that is capable of alerting me when i get a message or a notification? At first, it made a sound when i got a notification in facebook, now it doesn't, also facebook is not on the list of 'background settings', but it used to be there. Any help is appreciated :).

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
As you all know: there is no facebook app that notifies you of new nessages and the messaging app is unreliable/shows you online all the time (no phone icon).

When it comes to other notifications JDB Facebook is the most reliable one, I came up with an idea to add message notifications too:
Please help my idea gain momentum by up-voting it or adding further suggestions via comments here: quick message notifications / SocialScout + Facebook forum / JDB Pocketware

J4P

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

I'm a fresh WP8 user coming from Android (S3) and regarding Facebook, the app is way too far from the one for Android. I just hope they could make a major (needed) improvement :/

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
for optimal facebook messaging experience, you should use WP's message hub and set status as online to chat.
do note that being online all the time like this do put a noticeable drain on the battery so only set status to online when you want to chat.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey!

I'm a fresh WP8 user coming from Android (S3) and regarding Facebook, the app is way too far from the one for Android. I just hope they could make a major (needed) improvement :/

We are all waiting for the big release!

In meantime I recommend this 3rd party facebook app: Facebook ᴶᴰᴮ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
I tested all the facebook apps in the store and I kept this one. It's in my opinion the best Facebook app on this platform.

J4P

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Every time I make a FB post using the old app and new beta app, I have to manually change it from "only me" seeing it to "friends" seeing it. The settings in the browser are set to "friends". What the hell is going on here? It's very annoying to have to manually change every single freaking post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon