Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Latest Beta update is much appreciated. I think MS is doing a pretty good job on it actually in a relitively short timeframe. They got the multiple photo posting working and then fixed it so it takes you to the bottom of the camera roll instead of the top. Notifications is still sketchy but one thing at a time I suppose.

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
They are on the right track, no doubt. I get some notfications ( kind of late, but anyways). Older versions had the option to disable toast for messages, this one does not. And the problem is I talk to people via chat hub and 10 minutes later I get toasts that I received those messages. A little annoying but I can live with it for a while. I hope that future versions will fix that too.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Why Facebook is not making an official app for Windows Phone, instead MS need to struggle with it? Is just weird and bad for end users. Ain't MS has some shares in Facebook or so??

Facebook had enough problems getting their Droid app to get close to feature compatible with iOS and browser versions. Classic case of they all had iPhones and didn't know how Droid users interacted with their phones. It was really only in the last 6 months or so that FB on Droid became a pretty comparable user experience with the iOS and browser versions.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Nobody can answer to my issue? Why am I seen offline when I am using WP facebook? If I chat to someone, messages will be transmitted but friends never see If I really am online (as a green orb)

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Nobody can answer to my issue? Why am I seen offline when I am using WP facebook? If I chat to someone, messages will be transmitted but friends never see If I really am online (as a green orb)

Try this. Go in to your me tile in contacts than you will see "set chat status" click online or what choice you want.
Hope this helps.

pmartineau

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I use Facebook Beta since it's available on my L920. It work perfectly, I removed the regular Facebook app from my phone a few month ago and only use the Beta. For the last few days, Facebook beta does not start and the os ask me to sent a error report to Microsoft.

I had to re-install the regular Facebook application to use Facebook.

I rebooted my phone, I uninstalled/re-install Facebook Beta. The Beta is still not working...

Any advise?

Charles Wang

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Still missing the older Panorama style app. Sure it could have been improved, but at least it was in the same design language. At the time, I remember some vocal supporters of the current look using 'common experience' as one of the main arguments for supporting the UI. The claim is to support easier transition form different OS while maintaining the same experience for users. I wonder what they think about the new UI for iOS7 then, which is quite a departure from the current WP8 implementation. If iOS can implement FB in a way that looks different and use OS design language, why can't WP, especially since this is a Microsoft published app.

Sri Harsha

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

Hey guys, as we all know Facebook has redesigned it's app for iOS 7 and I think we can agree that it looks really beautiful. So, why not bring that Design to WP. This totally makes sense. The iOS 7 app is completely consistent with the WP Design Language and way better than the current app's design.

Bring Facebook's iOS 7 app design to WP

So, if you like the idea, please Vote it Up. Thanks.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, a more "Metro" style design would be nice in my opinion, but it is just that, an opinion. Different people like different looks, there's no right or wrong, just the preference of different people.

Notifications not working properly and chat being unreliable....that's *fact*. I would prefer MS to focus on making the app do what it's meant to do before it spends too much time on fine tuning the aesthetics to some people's personal preference.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind if WP version will be looking like iOS7 or Android version. As long as it will not be using the ugly Metro UI like last time. It is wasting lots of spaces with the big ugly banner on top! I don't want another People Hub on my phone. And I hope MS team will make the next update to be more responsive with the post links and Back button. There is a big lag now whenever I tap on the comments, Like, etc links. Also, I hope the next update will have notifications delivered more promptly.

C'mon MS! Speed up!

Charles Wang

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I guess my point wasn't so much that it had to be the metro theme, although I personally like it, but more that a WP8 app should have its own design / identity. When iOS 7 was released, so many apps were updated so that a common design language was used with the OS. So I think it's more important that apps adhere to the OS design than similar designs across platform.

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Still missing the older Panorama style app. Sure it could have been improved, but at least it was in the same design language. At the time, I remember some vocal supporters of the current look using 'common experience' as one of the main arguments for supporting the UI. The claim is to support easier transition form different OS while maintaining the same experience for users. I wonder what they think about the new UI for iOS7 then, which is quite a departure from the current WP8 implementation. If iOS can implement FB in a way that looks different and use OS design language, why can't WP, especially since this is a Microsoft published app.

I agree, the problem with that initial FB app was that the notifications were not working well and some supposed-to-be-easy tasks were too many clicks away, like searching somebody. These problems could have been fixed without changing the design of that app. But in my opinion Microsoft diagnosed the problem to be in design and now we have a design-wise unfitting app with the same notification problems as the old one.

I am almost giving up my hopes for this MS made FB app so I think a company which would make a FB app for WP8 platform would make a good profit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2