Starbucks Says NO! To Windows Phone APP

Status
Not open for further replies.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Welcome. Grande or Vente?
Grande
A spanish word, supposedly meaning "large", bastardized by the Starbucks marketing machine to mean medium; their 16oz coffee.
I hate going into a Starbuck's for coffee. The dumbass baristas always treat me like an ***** because I confuse a "Tall, "Grande" and "Vente". Grande is spanish for large, right? "Short" is the only size that makes any sense and "Vente" is an Italian word! WTF is that?! Why can't they just call them small, medium, large and extra large anyway?

Or

Vente
A word that reportedly means "20" in Italian, but at Starbucks it simply means extra-large.
I hate going into a Starbuck's for coffee. The dumbass baristas always treat me like an ***** because I confuse a "Tall, "Grande" and "Vente". "Short" is the only size that makes sense and "Grande" is a Spanish word! WTF is that?! Why can't they just call them medium, large and extra large?

Thanks urban dictionary.
Uh, I'll take an Vente green smoothie.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe off the topic ,or maybe not, but here, in India, Starbuck sucks . I find Gloria jean's coffee much much much better than Starbuck's.
We used to have Gloria Jean's in a mall here. I wonder if it's the same company.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Here in the UK there isn't much choice, it's Starbucks, Costa or Caffe Nero. There are smaller shops around but they tend to be local.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I guess with the recent news from Microsoft, we may as well end this discussion here right? lol

Even with Windows 10 universal apps, it wouldn't help the situation since the Starbucks app only makes sense on the phone in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon