New Facebook Beta app on Windows 10 Mobile

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
So I installed the latest mobile preview build earlier today (reflash 8.1 -> 10549 -> reset -> restore backup) and after it finished installing apps I noticed that the Facebook Beta app had received a facelift with new Windows 10 aesthetic elements. Nested comments and other missing features are still not implemented, just saying.

After digging through the app, which is version 10.0 by the way, I noticed also some interesting settings which either are new to this version or I had not noticed before: App permisions (Manage connected applications) - which is empty for now, and Upload and Roaming Settings, in which three interesting toggles can be found:
  1. Allow posting to Facebook using my mobile network? (for media)
  2. Roam my Facebook settings across devices (must be logged in with the same Microsoft account on each device)
  3. Let me start and stop posts on different devices (draft posts will be synced)

Given that the app is not available for PCs and I only have one Windows phone, I haven't been able to test the last two features. Did everyone who updated tonight receive these changes and if so, can they test if the two features mentioned above actually work?

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 got it, but my 920 and 1020 are not seeing this update yet. I'm sure this is rolling out but I'll post up some screenshots of this update.

MMissionary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The app says last updated today but its win10 only. Says that it was completely redesigned for 10 and has stuff like inline video play.

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the publisher is still Microsoft, and while the settings point towards a future universal app, currently it is not (similar to 6tag).

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Damn looks gorgeous! :) i'm already fighting with my Windows 10 installation, 3rd hard reset, i'm not getting MY CONTACTS not even my mails, posting for help on forums soon anyways

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Notifications have also been revamped. Their icon can now be a profile picture or another indicator (group post/comment) and some are actionable (those for comments, for example).

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
My fb beta app still on 8.x,no updates in store either :/ maybe only available for 6 inch and up phones as I have a 920?

I have a 920 as well (yellow, launch day and unlocked, actually). Either you did something different (I did: reflash 8.1 -> 10549 -> reset -> restore backup), or the app is just not openly available for everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb