View Poll Results: Should I stick to Windows Phone?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep! The ecosystem will get better soon :)

38 90.48%
  • No way! WP is DOOOOMED trololol 420 blaze it yo

4 9.52%
12-21-2014 07:24 PM
73 123
tools
    i myself get alot of criticism because my main phones are a lumia 720 and a BB Z10
    i dont care because both phones are unique and serve my purpose better than my nexus 5(still have it for development) and iphone (which i sold)
    i suggest you get an ipad mini or a nexus 7 to complement your phone,you wont regret it and will be happier with that combo than just an android phone
    09-11-2014 11:36 PM
    I'll tell you the honest truth, Windows Phone will shine next year in the spring. If you can wait that long, great! If you can't, I suggest trying another OS at a good price (don't get a cheap Android phone with a skin, I would suggest the Moto G) to satisfy you until next year. :)
    Where did you get that great shot of Jobs holding a Windows Phone? I love it. I put your low rez version in an email and my Macaholic friend became unglued.

Any like to a larger image?
    09-11-2014 11:39 PM
    Who cares, it's just a phone.
    09-12-2014 09:06 AM
    "I'm facing constant harassment from friends and family for buying a Windows Phone."
    - My sis was once poking fun at my Windows Phone but when she actually saw the platform in motion she was stunned. Too bad she just bought a mid range Sony Android phone. My co-workers love my Windows Phone.

Also, I have to admit, the ecosystem here leaves a lot to be desired. Should I stick to this platform? Is the future of WP so good that I will have nothing to lose if I do stay?
    - If you are app crazy, then go someplace else. If not, give Windows Phone a chance. I'd suggest you wait next year if you want a flagship but if you can't, the Lumia 1520 will be your best bang for buck. If you think it's big, I think the 730 or 830 will suffice for at least another 3-4 months before some new announcements
    Meredith43 and ItsDaFaz like this.
    09-12-2014 09:18 AM
    I'll stick to WP for as long as they're around. The world is already full of Droids and iPhones. I really enjoy using my 720 (no games for me) and just want to be different. I don't care much about specs, RAM, ROM or other technical blabla. I want a reliable, easy to use smartphone and that's exactly what I've got....
    09-12-2014 09:30 AM
    Naw, I'm good :)
    I just got this phone. And I love it. Hopefully, your prediction will come true...
    I really think WP will shine next year. If it doesn't, then I've lost all faith in wp.

BUT for now, I'm glad you are happy, just trying to help. :)

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk
    Karthik Naik and ItsDaFaz like this.
    09-12-2014 09:51 AM
    I really think WP will shine next year. If it doesn't, then I've lost all faith in wp.

BUT for now, I'm glad you are happy, just trying to help. :)

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk
    im sure steve jobs is smiling down on windows phone because apple went against his wishes now with ipad mini and iphone 6 etc :P
    09-12-2014 10:27 AM
    im sure steve jobs is smiling down on windows phone because apple went against his wishes now with ipad mini and iphone 6 etc :P
    Why would he be smiling at Windows Phone?

His wishes(or at least one of them) we're that screen sizes didn't go above 3.5 inches(or 4) and Apple went above that, Nokia went upto 6 inches.

So clearly he wouldn't be happy with either.
    09-12-2014 10:54 AM

His wishes(or at least one of them) we're that screen sizes didn't go above 3.5 inches(or 4) and Apple went above that, Nokia went upto 6 inches.

wow y so serious mate chill
    i didnt know you knew steve jobs so well :P :D
    09-12-2014 11:04 AM
    wow y so serious mate chill
    i didnt know you knew steve jobs so well :P :D
    I don't know a whole lot about him. But he was an amazing guy, too bad that he left us. 😢
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    09-12-2014 11:10 AM

He was certainly grateful that Bill Gates "Invested" in Apple in the mid 90's, thus saving them and said so in an interview they did together.
    09-12-2014 12:08 PM
    I am apart of the dualos crowd as well. I have an iPad mini so the needs I don't find in my phone, I have in my tablet

but aside from battery, most of my needs are met.
    - native xbox music allows me to download music by artist and not by creating this monster playlist
    - word flow is brilliant along with how the prediction will help predict your sentence without you barely having to type
    - although they took away some features, I'm still able to see family and friends social media updates at a glance
    - the apps I need are there in the ecosystem, but maybe not for you
    -cortana has been a great feature and the unobtrusive way they've implemented the notification center still let's me to not be overwhelmed like I would be on iOS (all those red notification numbers) and android

i could go on but I know I'm sticking with windows. Hardware was just a matter of an issue
    ItsDaFaz likes this.
    09-12-2014 12:39 PM
    I too have been on the fence about what to do,I currently own a Lumia 521 and I love the phone alot! But it's the small things like lack of native printing support(not that I even own a printer right now), and the app store(app quality - Facebook, and selection of great games) and I'm thinking of upgrading to a Lumia 635 but I'd really like a 1020 update available on all networks. I stay attached to my Lumia phone hoping for a brighter future soon....
    Thanks,
    Derek
    - Sent from my Windows Phone
    ItsDaFaz likes this.
    09-12-2014 02:33 PM
    I too have been on the fence about what to do,I currently own a Lumia 521 and I love the phone alot! But it's the small things like lack of native printing support(not that I even own a printer right now), and the app store(app quality - Facebook, and selection of great games) and I'm thinking of upgrading to a Lumia 635 but I'd really like a 1020 update available on all networks. I stay attached to my Lumia phone hoping for a brighter future soon....
    Thanks,
    Derek
    - Sent from my Windows Phone
    HP put out a great printing app a while back ago. Works great, easy interface and you can print documents or pics just fine.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2
    09-12-2014 02:54 PM
    us canon printer users still have no love though :(
    otg and better printing and im never using a non-windows phone ever
    09-12-2014 02:59 PM

However, I'm facing constant harassment from friends and family for buying a Windows Phone.
    I hope you're exaggerating on that part... because harassment isn't funny.

If they are screw them, you made the right choice and it's not like they'll influence you. If you love it, stick with it.
    09-12-2014 03:10 PM
    BEFORE YOU ASSUME ANYTHING...I love Windows Phone. I bought a Lumia 525 some months ago and so far, I love it. However, I'm facing constant harassment from friends and family for buying a Windows Phone.
    *sigh* Whose life is it? Yours or theirs? Whose choice is it, yours or theirs? Ignore the haters and do you're own thing. Sooner or later you'll realize that peer pressure is an immature matter to buy into.

And you have the most entry level WP available. You are missing out on quite a bit that the platform has to offer.
    ItsDaFaz likes this.
    09-12-2014 04:12 PM
    Not sure what all this 'next year things will shine' junk is. Windows Phone is great now. I can't think of one feature I want that isn't already present.

I love my phone and other phones don't interest me in the slightest. However phones are personal. If you want something else, go get it. If you want your friends to tell you what you want and you want to let them, let them. But I like the phone I have and I promote it all the time.
    ItsDaFaz likes this.
    09-12-2014 04:28 PM
    I love my 920, but have recently been using a Galaxy S5 for a work project. It's got a great screen, and some of the apps really are better - specifically, Kindle has been better on the S5, since I can email myself books. Personally, I'll be sticking with... BOTH for the time being!
    09-12-2014 04:49 PM
    Lol I can relate to this, when people found out I got a 920... the jeering I got from both the ios & android camp was well.. insane.. almost two years later I still get the jeering but not as much.

In the days of old, people only used their phone calls, sms and maybe some snake but these days the smartphone does so much more. The way I see it a phone is tool to enable you to be more productive and if it is not meeting your requirements you find a better one.

Right now you need to ask yourself what do YOU use your phone for & what YOU need it to do.
    ItsDaFaz likes this.
    09-12-2014 05:49 PM
    There's nothing wrong with having more than one OS or phone. I had a Nexus 5, iPhone 5c, and a L920. I also have a Nexus 10 and am considering getting the SP3--once my faithful 4 year laptop goes kaput (which I sense is coming real soon). I say get what's right for you and no one else. If you feel like you wanna go with Android, then go with it. Like others have said, each OS has their flaws...

My suggestion would be to do some extensive research on what device you will get next. Will it perform all the tasks you need it to? Will it have all the apps you need (and most you want)? Will it be a smooth experience? Questions like that made me choose my next device, the L1520. I see good things happening with WP. It's only been over 2 years since WP8, and the progress it has made is incredible. It does have alot more to do, but at the rate of its growth the sky's the limit.

Good luck with your choice, even though it may not be WP.
    Jacco Paauw and ItsDaFaz like this.
    09-12-2014 08:10 PM
    L Beezy is right. Nothing wrong with having different devices with different OSs. Besides my 822, I still have a BB PlayBook, a Nexus 7 and a crappy Galaxy player that used belong to my daughter which I use to listen to Sirius xm. That's precisely how I know that every platform has its issues.
    ItsDaFaz likes this.
    09-12-2014 08:37 PM
    I recommend getting the best device for what your really need all the time as your phone, and then have another device for random apps it's missing to use at home. I use WP because it's the best phone, but for some apps I need I also have an iPad and my old iPhone 4. That way I can use all the apps, but I don't have to deal with static icons/overdependence on cluttered NCs on my main device.
    09-12-2014 09:28 PM
    Every phone/os has pluses and minuses. I love my 920, but there are apps I wish I could get, usually corporate type stuff I think would be fun. I am hoping that next year is a break out year for WP, or Windows, as the rumors would have it. I have to believe Microsoft is readying a slate of new phones including a real flagship device for release with Threshhold. Unifying the mobile and desktop environment should allow simpler app development and broader acceptance. The biggest issue I think Microsoft needs to address is the carrier exclusives and update roll outs, those two issues are the biggest hindrance to further growth in the US market.
    09-12-2014 11:14 PM
    I have a windows phone, android and iphone (all for development)
    The Windows Phone is the least supported by developers but I find it the easiest platform to develop on

For a developer I would highly recommend it. For a user it will satisfy your general needs but perhaps not specific needs if there was a certain app / game you wanted
    ItsDaFaz likes this.
    09-13-2014 01:33 AM
73 123