Wifi Connection on Lumia 1520

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My family and I have 4 lumia phones. A 1520, a 1320, a 625 and, a 525 Lumia phones to be precise.

My issue is,my wife and I connect our phones to our wifi connection at home. The indicator for all phones show the same reading (through the icon on top of the screen and also from Setting->Wifi) except on my 1520.

The reading on my 1520 indicates a weaker reading from other phones. I also try this on other then my wifi at home (eg. at my office,my wife office and also on open wifi) and the reading on my 1520 also weaker than the other phone.

I already done soft resets, hard resets and even use the Nokia Toolkit to downgrade my phone from WP 8.1 PfD to WP 8.0 but this problem still persist.

My 1520 using WP 8.1 update 1 PfD on Cyan fw. Just as the other phone.

Please somebody help me because my phone is out of warranty and I just aware of this a few days ago. Thanks

neil0311

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
You may have defective hardware. I have a 1520, after previously having a Lumia 920 and Samsung Focus, and the WiFi connection at home and elsewhere on the Lumia 1520 is generally better than the previous phones, primarily because of support for 802.11ac. No issues specific to the phone.

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I would not rely on the signal strength indicator alone - I would test the bandwidth with an app like speedtest - check it using a couple of your phones and see if the numbers are comparable.

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't think about it. Thanks. I will do as what u told me.

I'm aware of this problem when my wife told me that her phone still connected to our home wifi even though we are at our neighbour house. When I look at my phone, I barely connected to my phone (wifi connecting on certain area only). Before this, I didn't notice about the connection and seems that the speed is okay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes