Downgrade non DP 8.1 to 8.0

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Software Recovery tool. I need some assistance with regards to this program. I have a lumia625 currently running 8.1 official release and wanted to know if I can use this tool to downgrade to 8.0. I need to do this because the device has a software fault and the audio/volume control has stopped working, when you press the vol button, the interface doesn't fully expand, only 10% of it appears. I have already done a hard reset and this hasn't worked. The vol keys work but aren't able to change volume settings so the device simply makes no sound. I have used the recovery tool but all it does is flash it with the same version.

How can I get the Lumia Black firmware to flash the device. I have ver 4.1.0 of the software but as soon as it is launched a mandatory update is needed which I think automatically flashes the device with Lumia Cyan.

Thanks in advance.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Software Recovery tool. I need some assistance with regards to this program. I have a lumia625 currently running 8.1 official release and wanted to know if I can use this tool to downgrade to 8.0. I need to do this because the device has a software fault and the audio/volume control has stopped working, when you press the vol button, the interface doesn't fully expand, only 10% of it appears. I have already done a hard reset and this hasn't worked. The vol keys work but aren't able to change volume settings so the device simply makes no sound. I have used the recovery tool but all it does is flash it with the same version.

How can I get the Lumia Black firmware to flash the device. I have ver 4.1.0 of the software but as soon as it is launched a mandatory update is needed which I think automatically flashes the device with Lumia Cyan.

Thanks in advance.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of what you see when you press the volume buttons?

WP8.1 adds a down arrow on the right of the volume bar to expand it.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Would you mind posting a screenshot of what you see when you press the volume buttons?

WP8.1 adds a down arrow on the right of the volume bar to expand it.

That's the thing, I don't even get that, it doesn't expand far enough for me to see or interact with that arrow. It is a work device and don't want to have to send it back for repairs until I have exhausted all options to fix it.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I've done it with Nokia Care Suite for my 720, I downloaded the official "Black" firmware from mrcrab.net and flashed it onto my phone. I just couldn't take that horrible lag and battery life.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've done it with Nokia Care Suite for my 720, I downloaded the official "Black" firmware from mrcrab.net and flashed it onto my phone. I just couldn't take that horrible lag and battery life.

Thanks, I try that. TBH, I have had no complaints from my users regarding lag and/or battery issues since the 8.1 update.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't advise anyone to attempt to downgrade their firmware or operating system on their phones. Using an official support tool (like the Nokia Software Recovery Tool) is the most you should do.

Hacking an earlier/different ROM and software image onto your device may well result in a non-responsive device (bricked) or instability issues. Also, a lot of recent apps will only work on the latest firmware/software.

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But WP 8.1 means only problems for me. That popping sound when skipping video makes me crazy.

Doesn't matter of you have that mandatory update or not, all the software is going to do is flash the latest firmware which is Cyan and 8.1. As far as I know with the recovery tool, there is no way around that.

Also if you have the cracking sound, it sounds like your phone is on the DP without Cyan.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't matter of you have that mandatory update or not, all the software is going to do is flash the latest firmware which is Cyan and 8.1. As far as I know with the recovery tool, there is no way around that.

Also if you have the cracking sound, it sounds like your phone is on the DP without Cyan.

My 920 is on Cyan and DP, and the pop sound is everywhere.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I changed glass and digitizer and now it isn't working, and seller said that that should downgrade and then it'll work

To thor73. What is not working. And by the way why should it work if you down grade? What has the digitizer / glass to do with the firmware?

digitizer not working, it's not orginal part. "It will work on windows 8." said seller

This is an issue we are seeing pop up on the forum.

Under 8.1, you can not use a "knock off" Digitizer/Screen. Only the official OEM part will be recognized. If you use a non-standard replacement the Touch function ceases to work.

PetrChvatal

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I have oficial Cyan, not DP. And that sound is terrible. I want to flash WP8 back, but I can't download firmware from Nokia's servers. There is only Cyan.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Thanks in advance.
You have to flash the 02 Germany rom. That's the only Black ROM for the 625 left. The rest are all Cyan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3