Why am I receiving my wife's text messages and vice versa?

bulldog304

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
My wife gave me her old Lumia 635 and she bought a new one, she took her SIM and SD cards and put in her new Lumia 635. Some of the text messages that she has sent from her new one, to other ppl, is showing up on mine and some of my texts are showing up on her phone.?. Also some of the contacts have done the same thing plus on her phone some of her contacts lost their info (name) which just left the # on history list/message list. I did a factory reset on mine and it has happened after that. Please help.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My wife gave me her old Lumia 635 and she bought a new one, she took her SIM and SD cards and put in her new Lumia 635. Some of the text messages that she has sent from her new one, to other ppl, is showing up on mine and some of my texts are showing up on her phone.?. Also some of the contacts have done the same thing plus on her phone some of her contacts lost their info (name) which just left the # on history list/message list. I did a factory reset on mine and it has happened after that. Please help.
Did you create your own Microsoft Account or use hers?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you use the same MS account on more phones explains most of it.
Same Ms account means same contact list so if you add or change a contact in one phone it will also be added/changed on the other phone.
For SMS.
Text messages from one phone will be visible on the other phone if you enable backup text messages on the phones.
If you do not enable backup text then they will not show up on the other phone.
How fast contact changes are visible on the other phone depends on the sync settings in the phone.
I only can explain the # on your wife's phone. If you deleted this contact on your phone (so also deleting it on here phone.

So apart from the advantages of using the same MS account like using the same agenda and apps bought ones can be used on both phones it also has above disadvantages.

I hope this explained it and if you have more questions please ask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon