MS Store says "Product already installed"; nothing on device.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi all, on my new Nokia 950 (loving it much better than my old iPhone 5s) when I had installed a game on a rather slow (1 megabit download speed, in a mountain house) and you could say slightly "unstable" network connection, I had deleted the app to reinstall it because the internet screwed up during the download. After going to the store to reinstall it, the store says "This product is already installed." I checked & searched for the app, nothing showed up. I can only think there are some leftover files after the deletion. Apologies if a question for this already exists, I am a relative new Windows Phone user. Thanks in advance.
By the way, I had tried to reboot the phone too. Not going to do much more without help; new to this mobile OS.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Im having a similar issue. I deleted Rebel (Disney Star War game) from my home screen. It then disappeared from the app list. If I go check in the store it says 'view' instead of 'download' , indicating that it still thinks it is on the phone and just missing from the app list. Anyone have any ideas?

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had that problem and you can wait a few days before the phone picks it by its own or you can restart the phone. I haven't try closing the store manually but it makes sense.

Sent from mTalk

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Someone just tipped me off that this happens a lot when the dev changes the name of the app and it causes an issue from what it was originally called and what it was changed to. And miraculously this app either added ro drop the 'Star Wars' from the title. Microsoft needs to get on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills