2 Weird issues with Windows mobile 10 10586.36 on Lumia 830

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Recently i updated my Lumia 830 with the insider preview to version 10586.36
Since updating i have 2 weird issues (hence the title).
I could not find anyone reporting these before.

I always used icloud for my calendar. This worked great on 8.1 but now on 10 it says it can't sync my calendars.

All apps i open turn directly to landscape view.
No matter how i'm having the phone in my hands, they always show up in landscape.
Only when holding the phone in portrait and then locking the auto-rotation my apps will open in portrait.
But that is not a proper solution because if i want to view something in landscape i would have to unlock auto-rotation everytime when i want to do that and re-lock when i'm done.

After the update i have done a hard reset and after discovering these issues i have done that again, but to no result.

Has anyone heard these problems before and does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Recently i updated my Lumia 830 with the insider preview to version 10586.36
Since updating i have 2 weird issues (hence the title).
I could not find anyone reporting these before.

I always used icloud for my calendar. This worked great on 8.1 but now on 10 it says it can't sync my calendars.

All apps i open turn directly to landscape view.
No matter how i'm having the phone in my hands, they always show up in landscape.
Only when holding the phone in portrait and then locking the auto-rotation my apps will open in portrait.
But that is not a proper solution because if i want to view something in landscape i would have to unlock auto-rotation everytime when i want to do that and re-lock when i'm done.

After the update i have done a hard reset and after discovering these issues i have done that again, but to no result.

Has anyone heard these problems before and does anyone know a solution?

Thanks in advance.
The calendar issue - it's somewhere in the forums

The rotating - well, that is new. Small possibility that the internal gyroscope could be faulty.

Since you've tried hard reset with no good results, it looks like a further update will be needed, maybe firmware

Send feedback via the feedback app

Gertje

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
the question was mine.
i registered but hadn't logged in.

thanks for your reply.
I will search again for the calendat issue.

for the rotaing: i don't think the gyroscope is at fault.
if that was the case then i should have been possible with further rotating of the phone to turn the screen somehow.
that never happens.
Also it would be a huge coincidence that the gyroscope would be at fault at exact the same time as applying the udate.
Before the update there was no problem with it.

Gertje

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
After having installed 10586.63 the problems are still the same.
I used feedback to report it to Microsoft and could see that i'm not the only one.

Does anybody here also have these problems and found a workaround?

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
This problem is most probably firmware related. If it annoys you, I would suggest reverting to wp8.1 and wait till the official release of w10m. Which is not far from official release, probably by February. Not to for get that your lumia 830 is listed in the first batch of the upgradable phones to w10m.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
The official release of w10m might come with a firmware update that could fix some compatibility issues. However, no one knows anything about the firmware update. If it will be included or not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon