How can I fix my display colors?

anon(9866327)

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
display colours

I have a problem in that the monitor displays browns instead of greys.

If I capture a screen which displays a black to white blend the grey is brown, display a screen capture on another computer it is the correct colour.

Monitor and cable is OK as tested on another computer and also tried another monitor on the faulty computer.

The computer W7 g4 bit home edition has an ASUS mother board with intel graphics 4400 ? no graphics card.

Have installed the latest driver, I think as a little out of my depth:-((

Any suggestions on what to do?

Peter

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: display colours

Depending on what OS version your computer has, you should be able to access a "Color Calibration" setting or "wizard" that will allow you to correct for display-specific discolorations. Try searching for that in the Start screen (Windows 10, 8, 8.1) or in the Start Search bar (Windows 7 and earlier).

anon(9866327)

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks but that is monitor/display calibration?

My problem is that the monitor is OK as swapped with another computers and tested on both.

One of the setting in the above calibration is greys and it shows brown on faulty computer.

I believe it is a computer problem and maybe need to reset the internal graphic chip and Intel 4400.

I am not sure how to delete driver and reinstall that may help.

Peter

anon(9866327)

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
It is fixed.
ctl alt f8 did the trick.
I missed the menu item when right clicking on screen there is item graphic properties > intel graphics control panel in the options and support section can reset the colours to default.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb