How to go about deleting accounts of a deceased person

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My brother has 2 email accounts set up with live.com - he passed away April 3, 2014 and I didn't know if it automatically closes after non-use after a period of time or is there some type of request that needs to be made to close them? He gave me the password for one of them and I got in it for him once from my computer before he died, but I was not able to sign in at this time? Please let me know. My email is <Mod Edit personal e-mail removed>
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My brother has 2 email accounts set up with live.com - he passed away April 3, 2014 and I didn't know if it automatically closes after non-use after a period of time or is there some type of request that needs to be made to close them? He gave me the password for one of them and I got in it for him once from my computer before he died, but I was not able to sign in at this time? Please let me know. My email is <Mod Edit personal e-mail removed>
Thank you.

you'll have to ask MS support for accessing the emails
Sorry for your loss

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes