Make a tile from the menu list (shortcut)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Make a tile from the menu icon

before anniversary update I could make a tile from a "shortcut" menu icon; now it won't let me. When I drag the menu icon over to make a tile it shows a little red x and will not stick a tile in place.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Re: Make a tile from the menu icon

Not sure what do you mean by menu icon, but you can pin Tiles of programs by right-clicking on the program you want to pin in the list of all programs that is located in start menu and selecting option pin to start.

W

Windows Central Question

When you make a shortcut on your desktop from an online url or from a folder from your documents or wherever, then you add that shortcut to (c:\users\user or whatever\app data\roaming\Microsoft\Start Menu\Programs) ... When that shortcut is added here, it then shows up in the list at the start menu. Then you left click hold and drag that shortcut over to the right and make a tile. This procedure has worked fine until the Windows 10 anniversary update. What can I do now to make that system work again?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Please do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3