My people hub and messaging stopped working two days ago, they both crash immediately. I tried to reset my phone but it wont reset. I've tried the power button/volume method, settings>about>reset method, and the windows recovery tool. I have done all three methods with and without sim and/or sd card installed. Does anyone know of another method to do a factory reset?

As a side note, i keep getting a message that I "need to fix your Microsoft account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device."
    01-01-2017 08:28 AM
    My people hub and messaging stopped working two days ago, they both crash immediately. I tried to reset my phone but it wont reset. I've tried the power button/volume method, settings>about>reset method, and the windows recovery tool. I have done all three methods with and without sim and/or sd card installed. Does anyone know of another method to do a factory reset?

As a side note, i keep getting a message that I "need to fix your Microsoft account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device."
    so when you use the recovery tool to reset, what happens? Can you explain at what stage the issue arises? Does it happen after you sign in?
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-01-2017 01:33 PM
    The recovery tool recognizes the device, downloads the files (phone screen shows the square arrow symbol and update status bar). The recovery tool says "complete" but when the phone turns back on it is not reset. The wallpaper is the same, it is not asking me to sign in or set up my phone, all of my info is still saved in the phone.
    01-01-2017 03:29 PM
    I had this problem on my 950. I would suggest sending the phone in for a new one. I had to use the desktop reset program to get it to reset but in the end it messed up the phone anyway.
    01-01-2017 11:23 PM
    The recovery tool recognizes the device, downloads the files (phone screen shows the square arrow symbol and update status bar). The recovery tool says "complete" but when the phone turns back on it is not reset. The wallpaper is the same, it is not asking me to sign in or set up my phone, all of my info is still saved in the phone.
    That's weird -can you try reinstalling the recovery software? Maybe the software could be misfiring
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-02-2017 11:59 PM
    I had used the recovery tool on another phone previously. when i opened it this time, i updated it. it did not reset the phone so I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Still did not reset.
    01-03-2017 02:33 PM