Lumia 950 won't reset, any suggestions?

David Armstrong3

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
My people hub and messaging stopped working two days ago, they both crash immediately. I tried to reset my phone but it wont reset. I've tried the power button/volume method, settings>about>reset method, and the windows recovery tool. I have done all three methods with and without sim and/or sd card installed. Does anyone know of another method to do a factory reset?

As a side note, i keep getting a message that I "need to fix your Microsoft account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device."

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My people hub and messaging stopped working two days ago, they both crash immediately. I tried to reset my phone but it wont reset. I've tried the power button/volume method, settings>about>reset method, and the windows recovery tool. I have done all three methods with and without sim and/or sd card installed. Does anyone know of another method to do a factory reset?

As a side note, i keep getting a message that I "need to fix your Microsoft account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device."

so when you use the recovery tool to reset, what happens? Can you explain at what stage the issue arises? Does it happen after you sign in?

David Armstrong3

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
The recovery tool recognizes the device, downloads the files (phone screen shows the square arrow symbol and update status bar). The recovery tool says "complete" but when the phone turns back on it is not reset. The wallpaper is the same, it is not asking me to sign in or set up my phone, all of my info is still saved in the phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The recovery tool recognizes the device, downloads the files (phone screen shows the square arrow symbol and update status bar). The recovery tool says "complete" but when the phone turns back on it is not reset. The wallpaper is the same, it is not asking me to sign in or set up my phone, all of my info is still saved in the phone.

That's weird -can you try reinstalling the recovery software? Maybe the software could be misfiring

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12