So I ran into a problem a few weeks ago. Internet explorer opened tabs and never ended. If I closed it, it still started up again. It doesn't open any ads, it just says 502 bad gateway all the time. I think it's malware but my antivirus couldn't deal with it. How can I fix this?
    02-03-2017 06:17 AM
    So I ran into a problem a few weeks ago. Internet explorer opened tabs and never ended. If I closed it, it still started up again. It doesn't open any ads, it just says 502 bad gateway all the time. I think it's malware but my antivirus couldn't deal with it. How can I fix this?
    can you check for updates for OS? There might be an update for IE
    What about other browsers? Like Edge and mozilla? Do they also have the same problem?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-03-2017 07:08 AM
    Check to see if there are any plugins installed or if you default startpage is set to something other than usual. Also check your hosts-file to see if there are strange additions to it.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-03-2017 07:09 AM
    It was first happening to google chrome, but when I uninstalled it, it came to IE a few days later. I checked for updates and it says it's up to date. And no, I don't have any plugins installed.
    02-03-2017 07:18 AM
    It was first happening to google chrome, but when I uninstalled it, it came to IE a few days later. I checked for updates and it says it's up to date. And no, I don't have any plugins installed.
    is ther anything like clearing cache and history for IE?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-03-2017 11:10 PM
    I did try to clear history and block cookies, but it didn't work. Not sure how to clear cache though.
    02-04-2017 01:28 AM
    Ok now I uninstalled Microsoft edge and now "How do you want to open this website" keeps popping up every second on my desktop. Any idea how do block it?
    02-04-2017 03:16 AM