Sorting out my HDD Partition

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello everyone, just posting as I need some help regarding my PC.

My PC is currently running an SSD and a HDD. The HDD is working as a slave drive and is split into two other partitions that used to be recovery partitions etc when the HDD used to be my old PC main drive. They are no longer being used for anything.

Now as the slave drive is no longer being used for the OS, I want to merge the partitions into just one.

The slave drive contains all my photos/documents and music. All these files are backed up onto several external drives.

How can I go about merging the unneeded partitions on my slave drive so it isn't broken up and is just showing as one drive.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Use Disk Management to delete the volumes, reformat if you want, and repartition. Simply right-click on the logical drives (as seen by Windows), choose Delete, and after they're gone, right-click and choose Format to reformat (optional but a good idea). Right-click one more time and Create Volume. Go with the default which should be the physical drive's size and you'll have one volume using the entire drive. All files will be deleted so make sure there's nothing you can't restore from a backup.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Use Disk Management to delete the volumes, reformat if you want, and repartition. Simply right-click on the logical drives (as seen by Windows), choose Delete, and after they're gone, right-click and choose Format to reformat (optional but a good idea). Right-click one more time and Create Volume. Go with the default which should be the physical drive's size and you'll have one volume using the entire drive. All files will be deleted so make sure there's nothing you can't restore from a backup.

An even easier way, for me at least, is to use the free version of Easus Partition Manager. If I ever want to partition a drive, without needing to restore and keeping Windows as it is, then I use Easeus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3