I use three different wireless chargers for my Lumia 820. One by my bed, one in my living room and a portable power pack for when I am out and about. All different makes and models.

What I find is that sometimes when I have been using on charger then it won't charge properly on another one. The only solution seems to be to power the phone off and on again which seems to suggest it is the internal phone circuitry and/or the battery monitoring task in the OS which is getting confused about the state of play.

Anyone else found this to be a problem? Any tips for avoiding it in the future?
    06-02-2019 05:55 AM
    I use three different wireless chargers for my Lumia 820. One by my bed, one in my living room and a portable power pack for when I am out and about. All different makes and models.

What I find is that sometimes when I have been using on charger then it won't charge properly on another one. The only solution seems to be to power the phone off and on again which seems to suggest it is the internal phone circuitry and/or the battery monitoring task in the OS which is getting confused about the state of play.

Anyone else found this to be a problem? Any tips for avoiding it in the future?
    Do you have the gadgets app on your phone?
    Also what is it running Wp8.1 or WM10?
    06-03-2019 03:58 PM
    Well, each wireless charger may be using a different wattage and thus charging at different speeds, which may be messing with your device. Does it only happen when you change chargers relatively rapidly, or if there's any duration of time between chargers?
    06-03-2019 05:02 PM
    I usually use the bedroom one overnight when I have to get up early for work next morning. But if not out till later in the day I usually wait until the morning and use the living room charger. It is the living room charger which seems to be the one that is struggles after using the bedroom charger for a couple of days. The portable charger actually seems not have a problem or cause a problem.

One thing is that I recently changed the bedroom charger from an original Nokia which stopped working to another charger stand I had to hand which is one of those here today, gone tomorrow cheap far Eastern jobbies but which seems to work well once I had put black tape over the charging status light to stop it lighting up the bedroom like Times Square or Piccadilly Circus.
    06-03-2019 05:21 PM
    Well, each wireless charger may be using a different wattage and thus charging at different speeds, which may be messing with your device. Does it only happen when you change chargers relatively rapidly, or if there's any duration of time between chargers?
    This. Wouldn't it be best if all the wireless chargers were the same brand/make/model etc.?
    06-04-2019 08:13 AM
    It would be best if all wireless chargers stuck rigidly to the QI standard.
    06-04-2019 12:24 PM
    This. Wouldn't it be best if all the wireless chargers were the same brand/make/model etc.?
    Yes. While it's not strictly necessary, many companies approach the Qi standard a little differently to achieve their product. It's not guaranteed to charge at the same rate or even target the same part of your charging coil. My Tylt charger is great, but it achieved 10w charging earlier than most and probably isn't strictly part of the standard.
    06-04-2019 02:35 PM
    Yes. While it's not strictly necessary, many companies approach the Qi standard a little differently to achieve their product. It's not guaranteed to charge at the same rate or even target the same part of your charging coil. My Tylt charger is great, but it achieved 10w charging earlier than most and probably isn't strictly part of the standard.
    Sadly the only phone I ever got wireless charging on was my Lumia 1520.
    06-06-2019 09:29 AM
    Beginning to think it is just my living room charger that throws the odd wobbler from time to time. Not used any other charger for the last week and it has been fine for several days but this morning stopped charging at 30%. Lifted and replaced the phone and it started charging again ...
    06-11-2019 03:49 AM
    Does that mean everything will be better if you replace the charger in your living room essentially?
    06-11-2019 09:18 AM
    Possibly. Would really like one that goes into quiescent charging mode when it approaches full charge as my bedroom charger seems to do (and my old Nokia charger used to do) rather than stop-starting all the time as seems common. But this is something you never see talked about in any product description or review.
    06-11-2019 10:10 AM
    I only had wireless charging once with my 1520. I can see the definite benefits though.
    06-13-2019 08:29 AM