AT&T clerk [authorized reseller-not corporate store] doesn't want someone to buy a Lumia...

april1dorlarpor

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I also checked-in to a retail store 2 months ago,so as to price windows phone, the sales-rep thinking I'm one of those kids that toy with android asked me "WHY NOT ANDROID?", my reply shocked him as I said "I HATE ANDROID"... I got good news for African windowsphone lovers though

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually had a decent experience at an authorized re-seller last week. I went in and asked to order a Lumia 950, and the woman there didn't give me a funny look OR try to talk me out of it! Amazing, lol. What was funny was that they had two "950s" on display. Neither were working models, and I put 950 in quotation marks, because 1 was obviously an old 1520 display, AND it said 950 on the display, and had the old pricing on it. On the plus side, she was able to order me a NEW 950, when the web store would only let me order a refurbished one.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Actually had a decent experience at an authorized re-seller last week. I went in and asked to order a Lumia 950, and the woman there didn't give me a funny look OR try to talk me out of it! Amazing, lol. What was funny was that they had two "950s" on display. Neither were working models, and I put 950 in quotation marks, because 1 was obviously an old 1520 display, AND it said 950 on the display, and had the old pricing on it. On the plus side, she was able to order me a NEW 950, when the web store would only let me order a refurbished one.

Really? How much are they charging you, if you don't mind me asking?

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
No problem, it was 298 or 299? So basically 300. If you get a refurb from the web site it's ~$250. They dropped the new ones from the site, but this store at least was able to get a new one.

I should mention that when I received it, the box was open, and the packaging had been shuffled around. So I got ticked, and assumed it was a refurb. But the device was completely scratch free, and the battery pouch was still taped. I called AT&T, and got bumped up to someone who spoke english, lol. She was very nice and helpful, and was able to check that the IMEI number was never registered to anyone before, so it wasn't even a "restocked" phone that was returned. She said that the stores returned all of their stock of 950s, and that it was likely in a store, where someone had opened it to look at it and changed their mind, or that the rep grabbed the wrong color. Speaking of color, white was the only option available. But I'm casing it, so no big deal. A corporate store might be able to get a black one, but even if you aren't putting a case on it, the back is swap-able anyway.

Last I looked MS had them online new, but white was also the only option, and no financing available. I went through AT&T, and decided to just finance it, and drop my device insurance, since my old S5A phone still works. My monthly payment is almost identical, and if this breaks, I can just use my old one until I can get something newer. You need a Nano-SIM for the 950, so if I do have to go back, I can just put it in an adapter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander