Smartwatches that are compatible with Windows Phone?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This thread was started on 1/14/2014.... at that time there was only a few smartwatches....now there are tons of them.

Can any one of them, THAT IS SHIPPING and available fully compatible with Windows Phone or is the thought of a smartphone to use cortana and everything else on Windows Phone just a dream ? Like normal...

The Hotwatch looks like it's got some cool features but, the display on it kills it for me. This is the modern day, I expect to have a full color display, not a mono display.

Under looking, even with the Pebble 3rd party app, that is the closest we get to having a smartwatch working for Windows Phone....Personally I think it's a joke...and getting really tired of waiting for stuff on WP...

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, well concerning the Kreyos smartwatch. I've written a couple of days or weeks ago that somebody bought that watch and started a conversation about being able to play with the firmware and fixing all bugs. That person created a Facebook page, a website always answered questions, gave updates...etc. Now last Friday, he posted that the videos he made and the app was being release as beta to the people who signed up but since then, no videos, no app, no updates on the Facebook page and no updates on his website. I was even chatting with him on Messenger but since that day, he never replied again. If I'm not mistaken, I was even able to see his personal Facebook page and now it is blocked. I can't even send him a friend request. Did he blocked me, I don't know. Did something happen to him, hopefully not!

If I ever get some news concerning this, I will post back.

Thanks!

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I wonder when the Kreyos will be featured here on wpcentral. Calling editors!! 😊

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Joseph Calamita

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The Kreyos watch is officially dead... I have a watch that does work with windows phone, but unless you want a 2.5 inch screen slapped to your wrist, I can't recommend it... It is the veabuddy watch (can find it through search... a French (fr) website). It does work after the latest firmware update (which isn't the easiest thing in the world) and the watch doesn't feel bad on your wrist, but it makes you look like an NFL Quarterback with the plays slapped on your wrist...

-Jocal

nehvada

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
most of the mykronoz models will work with windows phone for basic operations like time, date, battery, reception, answer+reject calls, showing number and caller id, vibrates at incoming calls. but no sms, emails and other notifications.

parksy78

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I too would like an updated list of fitness trackers and smart watches which are wp compatiable. I nearly bought a surge until I found out by chance it didn't support notifications.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If there isn't anything by the end of this year that compares with the gear s I'm moving from wp. I've supported wp since the beginning and I'm fed up of not having this stuff or those apps. Problem is I don't like android or apple much but I will switch if nothing is done soon. Microsoft please do something!!

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I too would like an updated list of fitness trackers and smart watches which are wp compatiable. I nearly bought a surge until I found out by chance it didn't support notifications.

They are working on it. They're working on several ways to do notifications (apparently it's an issue) - so you can be safe that if you bought one now notifications WILL come because the dev from Fitbit uses a 1520 as his primary :p

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I just found this link in the pebble forum:

Pebble Notifications | Windows Phone Anwendungen + Spiele Store (Deutschland)

Not downloadable pebble notifications app. Maybe it's from pebble, maybe not. I don't know what to to think about

I've read an article on another site saying that this application is for internal use right now at Microsoft to test the Pebble watch with Windows phone.

I hope that's true because at last we would have an option to buy a smart watch that is not over expensive! Me personally I would get the Microsoft Band but unfortunately, they don't sell it here in Canada right now.

Lloyyd

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I hope that's true because at last we would have an option to buy a smart watch that is not over expensive! Me personally I would get the Microsoft Band but unfortunately, they don't sell it here in Canada right now.

I hope it too. I already own a Pebble because I had an iPhone last year. Now I can't properly use it but I really want. I hope that MS will get us to it because obviously Pebble doesn't give a damn.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I hope it too. I already own a Pebble because I had an iPhone last year. Now I can't properly use it but I really want. I hope that MS will get us to it because obviously Pebble doesn't give a damn.

Yea, I had a Pebble watch but, after about 2 months owning it, waiting for some support and only apps that can update faces or 1 or 2 apps, I found myself just using it at a watch with some cool faces. Really worthless for Windows Phone

I put it up on ebay and sold it within 2 days, At least I made $10 on it... :/

The new pebble was noted today or yesterday, with a e-link color display and slimmer than the old one. Wonder if they will add support for WP ?

Lloyyd

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
The new pebble was noted today or yesterday, with a e-link color display and slimmer than the old one. Wonder if they will add support for WP ?

I don't think so. Not from Pebbles side. I watched the presentation Vid and they already stated that they only support iOs and Android. So it's only in Microsofts hand to get us to the Pebble.

I also thought about putting it on ebay, but it will only be time wasting because I can't get much out of it - also because it has a big scratch on the glass. So it can rest in my cupboard until I can pair it with my Lumia :)

My hopes are with MS right now, already given up on Pebble(company).

jim6204

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
hi all, after quite a few hour searching I have a list of smart watches that claim to be wp 8.1 compatible.
1{kairos.
2{mykronoz
3{pebble = app in windows store
4{fitbit =app in windows store
5{agent
6{kreyos
7{vector
8{hot = app in windows store
9{indiegogo
10[striiv
11wellograph.
if anyone knows of any more please reply to this thread.
regards jim6204

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
A lot of those don't exist other than as renders or prototypes.
And being "compatible" with Windows Phone can mean a lot of things. For most of those it means they can establish a basic Bluetooth connection using one of the common profiles. But none are able to do any "smarts" like incoming call/SMS notification.
Nice list though.​

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get why Microsoft has not released a Watch. The Band was so well received that it is almost a no brainer to follow up with a watch.
With all the concepts for a Windows Watch, the posts here and other boards, there is no way Microsoft can say "We just don't see a need or a call from the consumer".
Most startups on Kickstart/Indiegogo claim WP able, however they follow it up with "To take advantage of all features you must have iOS or Android".

From the outside Microsoft looks like a totally clueless company, consumer calls for Flagship and watch....Microsoft pushes endless amount of mid-range/Low-End phones,
They hit a home run with the Band and sell out each and every release, then just totally ignore the Watch consumer.

If they are so worried it will not fly, do a limited release like the Band and see what happens. I would guess a limited run would sell out day 1.

jim6204

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
as you say Microsoft have the band which works . do you think the upgrade to windows 10 will make it easier or harder for third parties to install fully compatible functions to their watches ?

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
as you say Microsoft have the band which works . do you think the upgrade to windows 10 will make it easier or harder for third parties to install fully compatible functions to their watches ?
Not being a developer I can't say for sure, but I thought I read that the text/email parts of the OS are not open and accessible to 3rd party. With hope a developer will answer.
So if this is the case, then only Microsoft could build a fully Windows Phone able Watch. As The Band will show message alerts, and as far as I know most other 3rd party do not have access.
I can not see Windows 10 for Phone being different then Windows Phone 8 in terms of access levels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk