Band constantly turning off?

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My band has been having problems with the battery I guess. Right after I charge it it turns of within 2 sec. I turn it back on and It works all day. But this last Tim I charged it i will not stay on. It constantly turns off after I unplug it and even even its not plugged it. It stays on for 5-10 sec and then turns off. Says 100%

Any thoughts on what this problem is? And how I can fix it?

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My band has been having problems with the battery I guess. Right after I charge it it turns of within 2 sec. I turn it back on and It works all day. But this last Tim I charged it i will not stay on. It constantly turns off after I unplug it and even even its not plugged it. It stays on for 5-10 sec and then turns off. Says 100%

Any thoughts on what this problem is? And how I can fix it?
My first thought would have been bad contacts with the charger, that it wasn't actually charging. But since you say the display reads 100%, that tells me the charging process is working. What shape is your band in? I know on mine, the battery pack is starting to pull away from the actual band. For it to suddenly shut off as you describe, it sounds like the battery is being removed from the circuitry, a connection is opening up. Is your band worn out?

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've actually had to get my band replaced before because of it getting worn out and circuitry being in a funk. But on this band it's actually in pretty pristine condition for a 4-5 month old band. The only thing is the contacts fir the charger do suck. It hardly recognizes it at all.. Most of the time I have to get my finger wet and run it across the contacts to get it to recognize. But that still doesn't explain it dying on 100%. The other thing I thought of is it's actually a false read and it's almost dead and won't charge but it just thinks it on 100%

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon